Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrewoz
    Guest replied
    thx for the tips hand rail no good can't move my arms . spoke to ot she said to persevere and try arms in different positions .DD what kind of mattress did you have on your bed , i'll keep trying and hopefully find the right one . Is it worth having a repose cushion as well as an air mattress . How long would a sleeping tablet last it would be great to get a decent kip without waking up every 30 minutes , i suppose it depends on the person Thanks Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Sueb
    replied
    My husband has had 3 different mattresses and he uses his repose cushion on his bed too, only way he could get comfortable.
    Sue

Leave a comment:

• DarlingD
    Guest replied
    Hi Andrew
    It took me weeks to adjust my profiling bed, which I opted for after experiencing the same sleeping problems as you. In fact I hated the bed so much I resorted to sleeping in my recliner chair that had a 'repose cushion' on it.
    I decided to try the repose cushion on the bed and it worked.
    However, I had adjusted to sleeping on my back but with my head raised. Also it took a little experimenting with the angles of raising my head and altering the leg support. As a last resort you could try a sleeping tablet prescribed from your doctor till you get used to it.
    Try a repose cushion ask your OT they do one wide enough to fit your single bed.
    DD

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Andrew,

There are different types of air moving mattresses and some of them can be adjusted. Maybe some muscle relaxants would help you.

You could get a memory type mattress or a normalish type one on that base and get a pair of high grab rails either side if your arms/hands move enough. I can tell you the ones I have if you want to know.

Speak to your OT and don’t send the other mattress away with out trying it out more or having something else that is Okish.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Andrewoz
    started a topic Pain in bed

Pain in bed

hello tried sleeping in my hospital bed the other night because i'm struggling to turn over in my queen bed in which i have to turn hourly because of shoulder pain and it's disruptive to my sleep as it sometimes it takes ages to turn . Was hoping the hospital bed would be the answer to my problem but it was worse i had really bad pain in my shoulder blade and had no way of alleviating the pain as I can't turn at all . I had an air mattress which goes up and down during the night to prevent pressure sores and had both my arms on pillows . The head of the bed was raised as i can't breathe when i'm flat and had my knees raised up. If anyone has any suggestions on how i could do anything different to have a better sleep i would be grateful Thanks Andrew
Working...
X