Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was quick

I'm back to Christies on Friday for my radiology planning. 😁x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

What does that mean? Have you been blasted yet? Is it like a beam or.... I don't know what do they do?
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

That was quick Matthew. I really hope this works for you and gives you relief. I've everything crossed.

Love and hugs,
      Debbie x

Comment

That's pre-procedure too or will they do the treatment on Friday too?
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Great Good luck Matthew

Comment

Thank you all. It's a pre procedure lasting two hours do I expect to be fitted with a mask.
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

I used to test the machines that they do the planning on. It's called a simulator and simulates the treatment machine. The mask is moulded to your face so that your head doesn't move during treatment. The beam that they use for treatment is very precisely shaped to the area requiring radiation to minimise any damage to surrounding tissue. After your treatment is finished you might even get to keep the mask as it only fits you, although I'm not 100% certain on that.
              Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Matthew just don't move. Funny how if told not to move it's the only thing you want to do.
                what time Friday so we can all focus on you? πŸ™„
                when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Good luck on Friday Matthew

Comment

That was very quick. Intrigued to know how this is going to work?

Comment

My appointment is at 1200 😁x

Comment

Originally posted by SueM View Post
                        That was very quick. Intrigued to know how this is going to work?
                        Which bit, SueM? The radiotherapy kills any cells it passes through, depending on the dose each cell receives. If the saliva gland cells are dead, they don't produce saliva. Is that what you meant?
                        Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

GaryM yes sorry I already knew that, I’m thinking more about how they decide which glands and how much to blast, presumably it’s better to hopefully still have some saliva

Comment

It's a common procedure for cancer patients and they only target two thirds of the gland. 😁x

Comment

Good luck Matthew, hope it does the trick x
                              Janette x

Comment

Working...
                              X