X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    It's a common procedure for cancer patients and they only target two thirds of the gland. ๐Ÿ˜x
    Youโ€™re a braver man than me. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Good luck Matthew, hope it does the trick x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    It's a common procedure for cancer patients and they only target two thirds of the gland. ๐Ÿ˜x

Leave a comment:

• SueM
    replied
    GaryM yes sorry I already knew that, Iโ€™m thinking more about how they decide which glands and how much to blast, presumably itโ€™s better to hopefully still have some saliva

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueM View Post
    That was very quick. Intrigued to know how this is going to work?
    Which bit, SueM? The radiotherapy kills any cells it passes through, depending on the dose each cell receives. If the saliva gland cells are dead, they don't produce saliva. Is that what you meant?

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My appointment is at 1200 ๐Ÿ˜x

Leave a comment:

• SueM
    replied
    That was very quick. Intrigued to know how this is going to work?

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Good luck on Friday Matthew

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Matthew just don't move. Funny how if told not to move it's the only thing you want to do.
    what time Friday so we can all focus on you? ๐Ÿ™„

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    I used to test the machines that they do the planning on. It's called a simulator and simulates the treatment machine. The mask is moulded to your face so that your head doesn't move during treatment. The beam that they use for treatment is very precisely shaped to the area requiring radiation to minimise any damage to surrounding tissue. After your treatment is finished you might even get to keep the mask as it only fits you, although I'm not 100% certain on that.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Thank you all. It's a pre procedure lasting two hours do I expect to be fitted with a mask.

Leave a comment:

• jd58
    replied
    Great Good luck Matthew

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That's pre-procedure too or will they do the treatment on Friday too?

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    That was quick Matthew. I really hope this works for you and gives you relief. I've everything crossed.

Love and hugs,
    Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    What does that mean? Have you been blasted yet? Is it like a beam or.... I don't know what do they do?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X