Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richard
    replied
    Thanks to everyone for your input. It seems itโ€™s just another thing to learn to live with.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Jacquij
    replied
    I wish I had similar anatomy to you guys it would make life so much easier

Leave a comment:

• AndyB
    replied
    Richard,

When I could still stand I used to lean with my shins against the toilet bowl and one hand on a wall.

Now that Iโ€™m in a wheelchair all day I use a bottle with a long tube and a funnel (I think truck drivers use them).

I also use conveen catheters when I go out (not that Iโ€™ve been out for many months).

Andy

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Oh do I agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• slp
    replied
    I wish that we girls could use a bottle x it would make life so much easier x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I felt the same. I just had to look. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Sorry for looking at a men only thread ! I couldn't resist it ... its like being told not to look out of the window. What's the first thing you do ?

I don't know if this is any help Richard. When I was still walking my son got me a frame from Amazon to fit round his loo to help me get up. You could use this in your downstairs toilet so you could sit down and put it away when not in use.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ellie;n37449]My dear mate Terry used an old fabric conditioner bottle - wide necked, good capacity and a big wide handle!!

Our dear friend TC was always inventive and I remember the canister of water hanging from his walker.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by richard View Post
    Well there are no secrets on this site๐Ÿ˜‚ Barry52

There is a hand rail and a radiator I can hold onto but of course I can only use one of them at a time๐Ÿ˜‚

Richard
    Unless you get someone else to hold it for you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    Well there are no secrets on this site๐Ÿ˜‚ Barry52 I do use a urine bottle at night and empty it into the streeet in the morning like in the Middle Ages. ( Iโ€™ll let you work out which part of that sentence is untrue ๐Ÿค”)

jd58 I have a Closamat fancy loo (Washer dryer) upstairs with arms and a stairlift to get upstairs. The downstairs loo is nearer and we want it to be as normal(?) as possible. There is a hand rail and a radiator I can hold onto but of course I can only use one of them at a time๐Ÿ˜‚

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    My dear mate Terry used an old fabric conditioner bottle - wide necked, good capacity and a big wide handle!!

Spare a thought for us wheelchair using girls - even a Shewee requires almost as much hassle as a trip to the loo.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
    Richard, I use a urine bottle at night whilst sitting on the edge of the bed. You could try this as an inexpensive option.
    Same here Barry52. It's just easier and less risky than walking to the bathroom. I'm going to have the same problem as richard at some point though.

Leave a comment:

• jd58
    replied
    Get toilet seat rises from ot and sit down then use the handles to stand up after

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    That's a good idea Barry. Sorry I looked at men only! ๐Ÿ˜„

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Richard, I use a urine bottle at night whilst sitting on the edge of the bed. You could try this as an inexpensive option.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X