It's my Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my Birthday

I just realized that it is one year to the day when I visited my GP with a changed voice. My MND s one year old today! ๐Ÿ˜‚x

Iโ€™m defo not a huggy person however ๐Ÿค—

Comment

matthew55 we never forget the day of diagnosis.
      Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Stephen was diagnosed summer 2019 but I really don't want to think about the date. I knew it before then back in the spring if not before.

Comment

When did you think there was something wrong Matthew?

Comment

I donโ€™t remember the exact date we got Annโ€™s diagnosis but it was mid September 2015. We were on a bowls tour staying at a hotel in Torquay and were due to fly to Tenerife two days later. Like many of you we had been going round and round the NHS circle. We decided to go private. After a couple of consultations and tests we had an appointment to see the consultant in Cheltenham at 7pm. We drove up from Torquay. When we came out I remember neither of us spoke. We started to drive back to Torquay but stopped in a lay-by. We talked and agreed we could either become consumed by it or we could carry on with our plans. Ann decided on the later.

Comment

Yesterday it was exactly one year ago when I noticed something was wrong, the next week I went to ENT and the consultant said that's motor neurone. I was finally diagnosied in May. It's amazing the difference a diagnosis brings. ๐Ÿ˜„X

Comment

Working...
              X