No announcement yet.

Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes we do thanks and use it regularly. Definitely one of the more useful items.

Comment

On the topic of suction machines, how often does anyone change all the tubing? I have been doing it every time the bag is full so I change everything at the same time but that can be quite frequently as the bag gets filled up with water when I clean the machine. Not sure if I should be doing it more or less and SLT just said ‘whatever you think’.

Comment

I have been using mine non stop it seems for a while and using the same tube. I have a spare but until it breaks or something I won't bother changing it. I have changed the probe cos it looked odd. 😁x
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Hi Debbie

like you my taste buds have definitely changed and I was always a good eater and ate most things and now struggle to find something to whet my appetite. Again I like crisps and chips and am waiting for my McDonalds to arrive x I do take Riluzole and was told this can affect your taste. my consultant has not come across people with loss of taste !! I feel I eat what I am given and don’t have the desires for my favourites 😫 any more. Such a shame.

Comment

I started lose my appetite before I was diagnosed.So before I started taking Riluzole.,I always looked forward to my next meal. But of course I am not rushing around working , walking etc any more. So put it down to that. Hardly ever have a glass of wine anymore.Tastes funny! Taken a liking for M and S trifles. Vanilla slices too. I am suffering from bad headaches most days . Is this a side effect of the drug?

Comment

LesleyB When do the headaches come on?
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

If it's like mine then NIV may be the answer?😄x
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Working...
                X