My peeling skin baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My peeling skin baby

I'd like to see if anyone else has my problem. My leg muscles get smaller every day it seems but my skin is drying out and I get something like dandruff. Oh and yes I have tried moisturing and aloe.
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

But that's not unusual. Especially this time of year. Our skin falls off by the bucket load and sometimes in the right light it looks quite embarrassing. It's going to shed no matter what you put on it. 😛

Comment

I have the same problem Matthew. My wife gives them a good scrubbing in the shower and moisturises them but the skin keeps flaking off. And my legs have reduced to the size of a couple of pipe cleaners.

Andy
      Sporadic MND/ALS - Limb onset - Diagnosed May 2016
      night time NIPPY, cough assist, PEG (not currently used)

Today is the tomorrow I feared yesterday

Comment

I get this on my very thin legs, especially my calves . Its very strange but I'm sure there's some medical explanation. They're also very sensitive to touch so my husband rubs them with a towel and puts barrier cream on after my shower. The physio said its best to touch them alot to desensitise them !!!

Love Debbie x

Comment

Hi ,I have same problem of skinny legs as muscle atrophy has set in.I use an aqeous cream after showering daily and it works for me.I have the added attractiveness of purple blotchy cold legs from knees to toes.I now wear bed socks up to my knees..I look hilarious but it gives me a good night sleep when legs are warmed up.My neurologist seemed to think my blood pressure pills were causing the blotchiness and I told him i get chilblains every now and again.He suggested a change in medication but it didnt make any difference and the blotchiness remains except when I raise my legs to rest.Dry flaky skin sorted though.Best wishes Mary

Comment

Working...
          X