Settlement of mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement of mortgage

My wife has been informed by an NHS therapist that our mortgage could be settled because of my illness, is this true?
    Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
    Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
    Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Well I got a pension pot tax free after my GP confirmed that I have a terminal illness. 😁x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by Beemer View Post
      My wife has been informed by an NHS therapist that our mortgage could be settled because of my illness, is this true?
      Might depend on whether you have life insurance on the mortgage.
      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Beemer Yes, as Gary said, but only if you have insurance linked to the mortgage specifying critical illness (or whatever) and fall within the policy definitions, so definitely check.

I had my mortgage paid off - every cloud...

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Thank you all, as I thought, but my wife was told different.
          Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
          Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
          Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Yes Beemer - check your policy.............I checked mine which had critical illness BUT it meant my husband had to expire within 12 months of a diagnosis, so meanwhile he's still here nearly two years since, has never had a proper diagnosis and the term ended last year - so paid for 20 years into the insurance for NOWT!!!! - win some lose some!
            Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

You're born, you deal with ****, you die. Makes me wonder why? 😁x
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Working...
              X