Seacroft Anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seacroft Anybody?

Finally after many months of being passed from pillow to post my husband has now received his appointment for a 2nd opinion - Seacroft in Leeds, I have looked at their web site and its nothing compared to the Sheffield one, has anyone been here? whats to be expected at this first visit? appointment doesn't even say how long he will be which is awkward as he has to arrange transport,

any tips gratefully received!
    Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Expect the worst and if anything goes right you can be greatly surprised.
    you know I hope it goes well for once 😉

Comment

Which Consultant is he seeing, Sue?
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

It will be Dr Ioannis Mavroudis - he doesn't come up on the Seacroft site but does on Google - please god this bloke can tell us what we are dealing with now
        Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Fingers and toes crossed you get what you hope for. 👍😁x
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Hi Sue,

I go to the MND clinic at Seacroft in Leeds. I haven't heard of the consultant you mention. I see Dr Jung . I was referred to her for a second opinion 3 years ago. I think she's fantastic and very contactable.

If you arrange transport they take you to the doors of the clinic and there is blue badge parking there. The secretary at the neurology clinic is really helpful if you need information about transport.

Coincidentally I received an appointment in the post this morning for a review on the 11th February.The first since lockdown although that's been my choice.

If theres anything else you need to know Sue please feel free to give me a pm.i really hope you get some answers.
            Love Debbie x

Comment

Yes Sue, hopefully this Detective can put an end to the guessing game.

He has written a good few papers on neurodegenerative conditions, including ones on Sporadic IBM.

Hope the appointment is soon.

Love Ellie.
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I hope you get some answers. Best of luck.
                Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Working...
                X