Going for first Covid jab this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going for first Covid jab this weekend

Going for first Covid jab this weekend was only asking about when I would get it with my OT and physio visitors at midday, and that evening got a phone call from my GP surgery for this Saturday. I did ask the receptionist if my carer (wife) would get the jab as well, but was told no.
    I spoke to my OT and she said to ask when we get there, as it seems daft that carers are not vaccinated at the same time.
    Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
    Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
    Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

I hope it goes well and no side effects.
    Denise xx

Comment

Yes, hope you get off lightly with minimal side effects Beemer x
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Great news, Dave. When I went last Saturday we asked about Louise and they said no. This morning she got a text inviting her for the jab. So we're onto group 6 in Bury. She's registered as my carer. You might not wait long for an invitation for your wife.
        Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Wouldn't you think they'd do it at the same time saving you having to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
            Wouldn't you think they'd do it at the same time saving you having to go back.
            Well, in our case the vaccination centre is only five minutes drive away.
            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I had my first jab yesterday. My husband had his a week ago because he’s 70 ( and I’m not). It did seem a bit daft going to the clinic twice, and he did ask about mine last week when he was there, but no-one seemed to know. Anyway I’m glad I’ve had it now and hope all fellow sufferers get it very soon 🤞x

Comment

I had my jab at the GPs. We asked the receptionist on the phone and she said my husband couldn't have it at the same time. ( he's too young !) When we got there the gp said we deserved to minimise any risk to either of us and gave it to him. I guess it depends who gives it to you. X

Comment

I have my jab this Saturday. Not at 11-00am or 11-05 am but at 11-04am😂

it’s the Oxford one which from what I hear has more side effects than the others but only for 24 hours or so. But Hey Ho here I go

Richard
                  Richard

Comment

Intrigued to know the actual time you are seen.
                    Best get the paracetamol ready Richard

Comment

Hey Richard I hope you complain if it's not carried out at said time! Let's hope there's no after effects. After all need to be fit for quiz on Monday 🙄

Comment

Good luck to all getting their jabs very soon. My hubby had the call from our GP receptionist to book a jab about 2 weeks ago. Steve’s 70 so he was in the age that they were doing. He asked if I couldn’t have it at the same time as I’m in the same tier but clinically very vulnerable. The receptionist said yes and to speak with the vaccine people when she put him through. This was on a Thursday. We got an appointment on the next Tuesday in the old Maternity Hosp in Bury called ’Bealy’s.’ It was all well organised and everyone that day had the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine. Minor side effects, like you’d get from any vaccine of it’s type. So nobody worry about it will you. Lynne
                        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Sue was vaccinated yesterday and I have just had mine this morning. Very large and organised centre with helpful staff. They lifted my walker in and out of the car. Sue talked me through the system and I was aware that I would be asked several times for my details so I had prepared my answers on my speech app which prompted lots of interest.
                          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Which vaccine did you you have Barry

Comment

That’s very good planning of yours Barry. Take care, Lynne x
                              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X