Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    Heather R And muscle spasms but mostly, as you said, jaws don't align properly so teeth don't either, and our weak, thinning cheeks and lips get in the way - ouch...

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Pick any of the above and add more besides. Are we having fun yet? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜x

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    What is the explanation of this check biting? Muscles wasting meaning cheeks sag? Teeth not aligned?

Leave a comment:

• Jacquij
    replied
    I too have problems of biting my tongue and chewy but what I hate is when my jaw just want to chatter it is annoying and makes talking even more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I tend to bite the inside front part of my mouth desk eating slowly and carefully. What a painful nuisance. I haven’t yet had night time jaw clamping. Oh the joys 🀨πŸ₯Ί Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Like others I do this whilst eating and during the night. I tried the gum shield but it made me gag. I did consider having my teeth removed but replacing them with a palette would still have problems as my jaw is shrinking. My solution is to use bonjela every evening.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Yep! One side of my lip looks as if I've met Anthony Joshua 😁

I do bite my lip in bed, so the gumshield solves the night time biting. If my lip is particularly tender, I'll wear it for periods during the day for comfort but it isn't really practical...

I am quite surprised by just how sharp my teeth are on wizen, thin lips - it really hurts 😲 And no, I don't want to have my teeth removed 😏

Leave a comment:

• Beemer
    replied
    I also get my jaw clamping shut and my teeth catch my tongue, just when I am relaxing. Very annoying.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My friend my bottom lip is a warzone. I'm going to a Dental Hospital soon to have my teeth sorted because they have moved with everything else that's going on. The only bright side is that my tongue is now so dead I can't feel myself biting it. 😁x

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    started a topic Cheek biting

Cheek biting

This is one symptom you don't often hear mentioned but it drives me round the bend. Biting my cheek and lip. There doesn't seem to be any way of avoiding it, I'm already eating very slowly and carefully. And of course once you've done it, that part of your cheek swells a little and becomes an even more likely target for your unruly teeth. Then later when you're trying to get to sleep your jaw decides to suddenly snap shut. I'm sure a lot of you suffer from it. I know you can get gumshields for sleep but I'm pretty certain that I don't do it in my sleep.
Working...
X