Flem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flem

Does anyone know of a drink that doesn't produce flem? No jokes this morning. Please.
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Morning Matthew

I’ve heard that pineapple juice is recommended because of its acidity.

Richard
    Richard

Comment

Phlegm - lemon in water.
      humidity should help have you got your breathing machine.
      damp flannel over the face.
      looks like just drinking should help remove it. Even say chicken soup or tea.
      I believe dairy products can make it worse.
      Denise xxx

Comment

I wish I could eat and drink 😠
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Sorry you said does anyone know of a drink

Comment

No I'm sorry, I just had my worst night so far and I shouldn't take it out on people I care about. Forgive me. 😟

Comment

It's ok I understand. I don't know what you can do if you can't swallow. Ellie usually comes up with something. Xxx

Comment

Matthew when we are feeling really down most of us tend to take it out on the one we live with or close family which given that you live on your own that leaves us your family. Mind you it works both ways so if we think you are being an Arxse we should be able to tell you. So let’s move on πŸ‘

Comment

Water - albeit the least exciting thing to drink...

Given you're struggling so much with phlegm, and we don't want to lose you yet, it must be worth trying carbocisteine?

Sending you a ginormous Warrior hug xx
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Thanks, I did a little research and from today no caffeine or mik. I'm thinking of hot chocolate with water and coconut milk. Oh and what is carbocisteine? 😍x

Comment

I should add I can still swallow just weakly but the problem is my tongue is practically dead. 😁x

Comment

Carbocisteine is a med which thins secretions and makes them less sticky. Available in liquid form to go through the feeding tube.

Chocolate contains some caffeine, but you probably knew that - give it a try anyway. Decaf coffee?? Or not worth the effort...

​

Comment

It doesn't matter really as more comes out than goes in when I try drinking. 😍😁x

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                            Thanks, I did a little research and from today no caffeine or mik. I'm thinking of hot chocolate with water and coconut milk. Oh and what is carbocisteine? 😍x
                            Isn't the feed that you use milk based? I thought my Ensure was.
                            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I get that - some coffee drips out of my nose because my soft palate collapsed, most attractive but it dosen't stop me from having my one cup per day.

​

Comment

Working...
                              X