No announcement yet.

1st major fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would get starting on the adaptations sooner than later as I’m still waiting for mine to start, it’s been going on since Aug/Sept 🤦🏼‍♀️ So now I’m living downstairs and housebound, I got a electric wheelchair and can’t get outside because no ramp 😡 god help me if there was a fire I’d never get out!! Janette x
    Janette x

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Janette. Hope they get a move on sharpish, you should be top priority with that health and safety issue x
      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Nettie
        Forum Member
        Nettie Forgive me if you've looked into this already, Janette, but are there any portable ramps which would work or are there too many steps? x
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
          Nettie
          Forum Member
          Nettie Forgive me if you've looked into this already, Janette, but are there any portable ramps which would work or are there too many steps? x
          Hi Ellie, yes they brought some temporary ramps yesterday but they weren’t suitable, but a friend has been today and he’s going to make me one for the back door, it will be a tight squeeze to get up the ginnel but it will do till they eventually do the front steps, will have to get some practice in 😬 x
          Janette x

Comment

That's something at least Janette. Nice of your friend to offer to make a ramp. x
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Good luck with the ramp Janette.

This is just a thought and not a long term solution. . Sorry I'm not sure if you use a heavy powerchair. We keep a portable metal ramp at my son's house and its fine if I'm in a lightweight manual wheelchair but my powerchair is too heavy for it.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                That's something at least Janette. Nice of your friend to offer to make a ramp. x
                He’s a lovely friend, he made me a table to use at my riser/recliner chair a while back, he’s a sheet metal fabricator so a piece of cake for him x
                Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                  Good luck with the ramp Janette.

This is just a thought and not a long term solution. . Sorry I'm not sure if you use a heavy powerchair. We keep a portable metal ramp at my son's house and its fine if I'm in a lightweight manual wheelchair but my powerchair is too heavy for it.

Love Debbie x
                  Yes I use a heavy powerchair so it’s just wouldn’t work with the one they brought, I’ll be be glad when they sort all adaptations I’ve not had a shower since Christmas, strip washes are just not the same x
                  Janette x

Comment

Working...
                  X