Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd consequences

When I suck out the back of my throat my nose runs. Go figure. 😁x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Have you noticed if you get to sleep your nose doesn't run. As soon as you wake up it's up and running. WHY?

Comment

I have the same situation, When I wake, I lie for some minutes but as soon as I get up saliva starts running.That makes it difficult to take pills as I have Progressive Bulbar Palsy and have difficulty with swallowing.

Comment

Weird, and why do I wake up with a really dry mouth and shortly after saliva?
        Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
        Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
        Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Sleeping with your mouth even slightly open will dry up saliva, coupled with the fact that less saliva is produced when asleep than when awake.

At the risk of sounding like a complete bore (I'm self-deprecating, at least 😏) we produce 2 types of saliva - one to keep the mouth, tongue and throat moist, and one in response to thinking about/seeing/smelling food, which aids chewing, swallowing and disgestion. This second production doesn't have to happen when asleep.
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Ellie chuffing good job you don’t do the weekly quiz, we’d be left trailing in your wake πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

not that you are not more than welcome to join in. I could set up a handicap system just for you πŸ˜‰

Comment

Originally posted by Bowler View Post
              Ellie chuffing good job you don’t do the weekly quiz, we’d be left trailing in your wake πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

not that you are not more than welcome to join in. I could set up a handicap system just for you πŸ˜‰
              I'm not sure anyone on this forum needs another handicap. πŸ˜‰
              Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Ah really bad choice of words. Chatting with all of you as mates I sometimes forget πŸ˜”

Comment

Bowler S'ok - I see yet another person thinks you're a πŸ‘§ At this rate you're practically an Honorary Member of the Sisterhood πŸ˜‰

​

Comment

🀣🀣🀣

Comment

Never knew that, Ellie, helps explain x
                      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Isn't that insulting to us if he's a girl! I mean come on girls do we want him? πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                          Bowler S'ok - I see yet another person thinks you're a πŸ‘§ At this rate you're practically an Honorary Member of the Sisterhood πŸ˜‰
                          I’ve been giving this honorary thing some thought, would it involve dressing up at all πŸ€”

Comment

Well that's up to you πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Comment

Bowler Aah, and what are women's clothes - jeans and a T-shirt? Though it sounds to me that you'd prefer to wear a mini skirt.
                              Maybe wait until summer before baring your legs??

​

Comment

Working...
                              X