Going to the Dental Hospital soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the Dental Hospital soon

I don't know if they will do stuff or just talk but I'll let you know what happens. ๐Ÿ˜x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

On the bright side you might make a ton of cash when the tooth fairy comes to visit.

Comment

I am interested to hear Matthew as Iโ€™m having trouble with my teeth or whatโ€™s left of them. I donโ€™t think my gums can take much more punishment. I hope they can recommend a solution for you.
      Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Me too ๐Ÿฅบ
        Janette x

Comment

I could not floss my teeth with my hands and traditional dental floss. I bought a Philips Sonicare AirFloss and fill it with a mouthwash. It puffs the mouthwash out the top in a focused stream when you press the big button on the handle. I use it when I am in the shower because things are now quite messy when I do anything relating to hand to mouth action. Cleaning between teeth stops things like bleeding gums and tooth decay. IMG_20210222_105339567_MP.jpg

Comment

Hi, I have been to the dentist a few times in last year but for check ups. He was sympathetic when I explained I gag so easily and kept stopping to check I was ok .He even said when and if I can no longer get into the surgery he will do home visits(well some years ago I had a few tooth implants as a private patient). I find brushing my teeth with an electric brush can set of my gagging reflex. I do manage to use those tepees to do between teeth daily and take a non alcohol mouth wash(ultra dex).I get dry mouth at night so always aware I might have smelly breath!!Best wishes.Mary

Comment

Just got back. I'm going back a week on Friday for a wisdom tooth extraction, my canines blunted. a partial plate to replace my front tooth and fitted with a mouth guard. They are aware of my high tolerance to painkillers and assure me they have it covered. Today I had a consultation and an X-ray. They did identify gum deseise but not worth doing anything considering my life expectancy. Brilliant people who couldn't do enough to help. I will plug the 360 cold light revolutionary tooth brush, available on Amazon for thirty pounds. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘x
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Sounds like a good result Matthew. If they manage to do the procedure pain free then be sure to ask for recipe.

Comment

The lady I saw today will be doing it. I can't wait ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜x

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                    The lady I saw today will be doing it. I can't wait ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜x
                    I wonder why ๐Ÿฅฐ

โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

My mind is willing even if my body isn't ๐Ÿ˜x

Comment

Had an urgent appointment with the dentist today and she removed a wisdom tooth as I have an abscess. Going back in May to have the other one extracted as it is loose. At this rate I will need to liquidise my food. Apologies to those who have no choice. Reading about dentures it says one of the disadvantages is that they can affect speech. Well that ship has already sailed.

Waiting for the Novocain to wear off.

Comment

Not the most pleasant of days then, Barry.

Hope you won't have much pain when the Novocaine wears off...

Love Ellie.
                          โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Barry52 hope youโ€™re not in too much pain x
                            Janette x

Comment

Hi Barry

hope you aren't suffering. Stephen had many trips to the dentist having teeth removed and dentures made and fitted and fitted again. Now they sit in a container in the bathroom. He manages to eat with his bottom teeth only. He used to offer to put them in when going out but I said if your more comfortable without then that's ok with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X