Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaryM View Post
    We're applying for planning permission for the bottle store. 😉
    You're not too far out - I get a 6 month supply of syringes and giving sets, plus 30 bottles of feed every month, then there's all my meds 🙄

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
      You're not too far out - I get a 6 month supply of syringes and giving sets, plus 30 bottles of feed every month, then there's all my meds 🙄
      I might just keep that to myself. Louise may resort to the shovel across the back of the head if she sees it. 😁
      Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I no idea about how much fibre. I just hope that my feed has some in it. But honestlly I cant pass anything bigger than a golf ball so it's a moot point init? 😁x

Comment

GaryM If you're looking to increase your fibre intake, there are high-fibre supplements in liquid or powder form. I used the liquid for a while and it improved my bowels - the powder form can end up like wallpaper paste, not great when it's going through a tube! If anyone is thinking of using supplements, start off on a low dose as the sudden increase in fibre can cause cramps and wind.

These days I blend up fruit (mostly pear, apple, banana) mixed with water and take it through the tube. I am also on fibre-enriched feeds but still need laxatives, even though I get about 30g of fibre daily.
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Caution when increasing fibre make sure you also are taking enough liquid or the fibre will have the opposite effect. X

Comment

Originally posted by DJW View Post
              Caution when increasing fibre make sure you also are taking enough liquid or the fibre will have the opposite effect. X
              Thanks Dennis. I didn't realise that. I'm on two bottles with fibre out of six in total. 5g per bottle.
              Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Working...
              X