Clear All

• Mark 1964
    replied
    Hi
    Just like to thank you for all your replies most appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Mark, I got a used WAV on Motability. I did that to only pay £400 deposit. A new one would likely have been a couple of thousands. Mine was only about eighteen months old if my memory serves me. Good luck, Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Hi Mark,

We have a Peugeot Horizon WAV through the motability scheme. Allied mobility sorted the car and they're great for all the reasons Bowler outlined.

I drive my powerchair into the back and it's physically comfortable. If I was getting another one, however I would have the front seat taken out so I could be next to the driver. I think this is quite expensive though and it means you can't take passengers.... not that anyone can at the moment.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Originally posted by Beemer View Post
    Thats the pitfall I fell into Bowler, I chose a smaller car so my son (of 21 yrs) could drive it, but the Motability Audi Q2 will probably be too small to take an electric wheelchair.
    I found the the customer service team very good. I’m sure if and when the time comes that you need to up the size they will have a solution.

Audi Q2. Nice car 👍

Leave a comment:

• Beemer
    replied
    Thats the pitfall I fell into Bowler, I chose a smaller car so my son (of 21 yrs) could drive it, but the Motability Audi Q2 will probably be too small to take an electric wheelchair.

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Hi Mark. From my experience I would go down the motablity route. A few reasons.

1. It’s really simple to organise.
    2. Like you say everything’s covered. Servicing takes place to suit your needs. All the belts / straps are checked at your home every year.
    3. you can have multiple different vehicles brought to your home to test. Plus they make sure your chair is suitable for the vehicle
    4. This ones a bit sensitive but if and when you no longer use it no one has the worry of trying to sell it.

The other thing I would say is depending on your condition make sure the vehicle you choose will be fit for purpose if you need to change your wheelchair. We had Kia Soul which was perfect for Ann to get her power chair in. She had good visibility out of the front and sides. When she had to change to a tilting chair it was a bit iffy because the overall length was much greater. Just one to watch.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Have you looked at the 'Travel, mobility and adaptations' sub-forum, Mark 1964? Quite a few threads on WAVs there. I have no experience to offer.

Leave a comment:

• Mark 1964
    started a topic WAV,s

WAV,s

Hi All

I have been looking into Wheelchair accessible vehicles and I’m just looking for a bit of guidance, do you think is it best to buy a used vehicle ?or get a new one from motability schemes, I know everything is covered with them , just put fuel in.

Any recommendations or advice would be brilliant

hope everyone is keeping sane

best wishes mark
Working...
X