• Ellie
    replied
    Thank you Shaun x

Leave a comment:

• Shaun
    Forum Member

• Shaun
    replied
    Hi Ellie, after all the advice you give out, I would love to be able to return the favour, I can relate to the burning sensation in your hand, I get it sporadically, generally when I’ve been over doing something manually, but it passes after 12 hours or less, but yours sounds a lot worse, I hope the steroids work, my physio did suggest it if it got worse, but for me I felt it was mild, and managed with OTC pain relief, and rest
    wishing you well, Shaun

Leave a comment:

• DJW
    Forum Member

• DJW
    replied
    Ellie
    Forum Member
    Ellie

If you like I found it as audiobook on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-Body-P.../dp/0446675156

Dennis X

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    DJW
    Forum Member
    DJW It's available on Audible (woohoo, that's the only way I can 'read' these days) it's now on my Wishlist for my next credit, thanks. x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Aww thanks Debbie.

Yes I think I'll get some of the cream which Barry mentioned - sounds like it a good one to have on hand.

And I think we all get lulled into a false sense of muscle wellbeing until something like this happens!!

Hope you get answers to yout foot pain too.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    Forum Member

• Deb
    replied
    Really glad you've got some treatment Ellie and hoping you had a better night.🤞As others have said we're so used to you helping and supporting us and we do really appreciate it.

I going to make sure my legs and feet are repositioned regularly throughout the day. We have been a bit lapse with passive physio recently because we have been so busy ( if only !)

Thanks for your suggestion about capsaicin cream Barry. It looks really interesting and well worth a try.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    DJW
    Forum Member
    DJW I'm all ears... Do tell or maybe it's one of the books you mentioned in another thread? x

Leave a comment:

• DJW
    Forum Member

• DJW
    replied
    Ellie
    Forum Member
    Ellie

I have read a book that was recommended by the Hospital of Integrated Medicine, same buildings as the National Hospital London. The philosophy of the book is that we can deal with pain instead of using pharmaceutical drugs which basically don't fix the underlying condition that help us deal with the effects of the the manifestation of the pain but by dealing with an underline issue that we have either repressed or suppressed. The author claims that scientific studies have been done in relation to mindbody medicine and has cured a plethora of pain-related scenarios. I have attached a photograph of the book if it is of any interest to you. Wishing you well lots of love Dennis. IMG_20210221_095942630.jpg
    DJW
    Forum Member
    Last edited by DJW; 2 March 2021, 14:48.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
    Capsaicin cream.
    I hadn't heard of this cream, Barry, it looks very interesting - I've noted its name.

Thanks for sharing.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    DJW
    Forum Member
    DJW It came on all of a sudden and is quite odd as I have no movement in the limb for years, so it's not as if I over-exerted my wrist by texting or being on a games console for hours 😁

My muscles in that area are very atrophied, just skin and bone really and my arm, wrist and hand are dead weights resting on my lap, so the nerve maybe had had enough - lesson learned!! I will make sure my arm is repositioned every few hours.

Thanks Dennis xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Thank you all for your kindness x

I am on steroids for a few days to see if things improve, if they work great and she will give me a steroid injection and/or a nerve block injection for longer term relief.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    Kevinp2109
    Forum Member
    Kevinp2109 Good suggestion, thanks Kevin - no real nasty side effects with the injections. I had nerve block injections in my shoulder blade before, worked a treat.

Thanks again x

Leave a comment:

• DJW
    Forum Member

• DJW
    replied
    Ellie
    Forum Member
    Ellie

Is there a reason why you have this new pain, like a fall or something like that or did the pain come on out of the blue?

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    Forum Member

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Ellie,

I never thought you would be asking for advice since you are generally offering it so your thread prompted a memory about a friend whose husband had MND and experienced nerve pain. I contacted my friend and she said that they had some success with Capsaicin cream. I believe it is widely available at the pharmacy.

I hope you have relief from pain soon.

Love,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Jer788
    Forum Member

• Jer788
    replied
    Sorry to hear about this Ellie xxx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X