Care in home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care in home

I have a spare bedroom and I was thinking of a live in carer. Rent and bills free and I would throw in a small wage to cover food etc. Bonus is not much to do at the moment. Break them in gently is the Idea. I'm not sure if this is even legal mind. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜x

Mathew, that’s a good idea, but difficult to find a suitable person I guess. Stephen Hawking used to have some of his students perform that role with individual arrangements. Good luck with your planning, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I knew I had more in common with Mr Hawking πŸ˜‰πŸ˜„x

Comment

matthew55 this is something I investigated although not as live in but as a PA. You become an employer and as such are bound by the rules such as minimum wage, sick pay and holiday entitlement. I attach a link which explains in more detail.
        https://www.liveincarejobs.co.uk/res...hts-for-breaks
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Matthew ,you might qualify for a direct payment from Social Services to fund care.However they won’t fund 24 hour care at home in the form of a live in carer when you said previously you don’t yet need help with personal care.It’s a good idea to research your options.If you employ a carer there would be responsibilities for you as an employer.
          Its also important to get references.
          You have to think how you would feel with somebody in your home all of the time.Maybe starting with a carer for a few hours a week to do the tasks you find difficult would enable to get a taste of how that works for you..Good luck with your plans .Best wishes .Mary

Comment

Great points guys. You absolutely rock. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜x

Comment

Working...
            X