Falling over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling over

Can anyone tell me what actually happened when you had your first fall? Was it a sudden loss of legs or sudden loss of balance? Or something completely different naturally. Thanks and Stay Safe and Happy. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘x
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Balance for me as I caught my foot on a kerb and down I went. I donโ€™t think you can draw any conclusion from this as it will be different for everyone. Have you fallen recently?
    Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Not quite, I have been able to hold onto something so far. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘x
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Havenโ€™t totally fallen , but knees just give way when standing up or if bending over, sometimes bend over further than I was expecting, my strategy is expect it and be prepared , so for me itโ€™s muscle and balance issues , such fun (even more fun when Iโ€™ve had a couple of pints)
        As long as thereโ€™s golf and beer Iโ€™m happy

Comment

Theyโ€™ve all seemed different when Iโ€™ve fallen, but I think the first time I just fell forward and face planted the floor ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿฅด
          Janette x

Comment

Forrest would know the answer ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค”x

Comment

Janette that's what's happened to Stephen. No time to even put his hands in front of his face.

Comment

Balance for me, I tripped on a fascia board in my garden in the rain realised I was falling put my arm out Iโ€™m broke it. Ouch it hurt bad. What made it worse was my dog what is out there with me and started licking my face while I was down๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I couldnโ€™t stop him

Comment

My first fall was when I tripped on a kerb and fell face down, bearing in mind my arms are useless, I got taken to hospital with a gash in my fore head.
                  My second fall was backwards. Walking down a path, I bent my legs slightly and they just give way. Luckily I directed myself backwards onto some grass and my head hit the grass instead of the path, so no injury.
                  Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
                  Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
                  Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Gosh it all sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to try it! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜x

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                      Janette that's what's happened to Stephen. No time to even put his hands in front of his face.
                      It all happens so quick I did it while holding my baby granddaughter ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ She doesnโ€™t come anywhere near me now ๐Ÿฅบ x
                      Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                        Gosh it all sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to try it! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜x
                        We are learning though I just take shuffling steps now with Rollator x
                        Janette x

Comment

Balance - then the 'move' signal to say 'put your arms out to break the fall, Crazy Lady', doesn't work and a face plant/back of the head plant ensues.
                          โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by House44 View Post
                            Balance for me, I tripped on a fascia board in my garden in the rain realised I was falling put my arm out Iโ€™m broke it. Ouch it hurt bad. What made it worse was my dog what is out there with me and started licking my face while I was down๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I couldnโ€™t stop him
                            Ouch ๐Ÿฅด x good dog ๐Ÿถ x
                            Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Beemer View Post
                              My first fall was when I tripped on a kerb and fell face down, bearing in mind my arms are useless, I got taken to hospital with a gash in my fore head.
                              My second fall was backwards. Walking down a path, I bent my legs slightly and they just give way. Luckily I directed myself backwards onto some grass and my head hit the grass instead of the path, so no injury.
                              Ouch hope youโ€™re ok now ๐Ÿ‘ x
                              Janette x

Comment

Working...
                              X