Falling over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling over

Can anyone tell me what actually happened when you had your first fall? Was it a sudden loss of legs or sudden loss of balance? Or something completely different naturally. Thanks and Stay Safe and Happy. 😄😍👍x

Balance for me as I caught my foot on a kerb and down I went. I don’t think you can draw any conclusion from this as it will be different for everyone. Have you fallen recently?
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Not quite, I have been able to hold onto something so far. 😄👍x

Comment

Haven’t totally fallen , but knees just give way when standing up or if bending over, sometimes bend over further than I was expecting, my strategy is expect it and be prepared , so for me it’s muscle and balance issues , such fun (even more fun when I’ve had a couple of pints)
        As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

They’ve all seemed different when I’ve fallen, but I think the first time I just fell forward and face planted the floor 🤦🏼‍♀️🥴
          Janette x

Comment

Forrest would know the answer 😉😂🤔x

Comment

Janette that's what's happened to Stephen. No time to even put his hands in front of his face.

Comment

Balance for me, I tripped on a fascia board in my garden in the rain realised I was falling put my arm out I’m broke it. Ouch it hurt bad. What made it worse was my dog what is out there with me and started licking my face while I was down😂😂 I couldn’t stop him

Comment

My first fall was when I tripped on a kerb and fell face down, bearing in mind my arms are useless, I got taken to hospital with a gash in my fore head.
                  My second fall was backwards. Walking down a path, I bent my legs slightly and they just give way. Luckily I directed myself backwards onto some grass and my head hit the grass instead of the path, so no injury.
                  Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
                  Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
                  Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Gosh it all sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to try it! 😉😁x

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                      Janette that's what's happened to Stephen. No time to even put his hands in front of his face.
                      It all happens so quick I did it while holding my baby granddaughter 🤦🏼‍♀️ She doesn’t come anywhere near me now 🥺 x
                      Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                        Gosh it all sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to try it! 😉😁x
                        We are learning though I just take shuffling steps now with Rollator x
                        Janette x

Comment

Balance - then the 'move' signal to say 'put your arms out to break the fall, Crazy Lady', doesn't work and a face plant/back of the head plant ensues.
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by House44 View Post
                            Balance for me, I tripped on a fascia board in my garden in the rain realised I was falling put my arm out I’m broke it. Ouch it hurt bad. What made it worse was my dog what is out there with me and started licking my face while I was down😂😂 I couldn’t stop him
                            Ouch 🥴 x good dog 🐶 x
                            Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Beemer View Post
                              My first fall was when I tripped on a kerb and fell face down, bearing in mind my arms are useless, I got taken to hospital with a gash in my fore head.
                              My second fall was backwards. Walking down a path, I bent my legs slightly and they just give way. Luckily I directed myself backwards onto some grass and my head hit the grass instead of the path, so no injury.
                              Ouch hope you’re ok now 👍 x
                              Janette x

Comment

Working...
                              X