• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Lynne K
    Forum Member

• Lynne K
    replied
    Gary, you must have progressed quickly in your art to do such a good cherry. I too thought that it was real until I read your post. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    Forum Member

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Olivia, Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    Forum Member

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi.I try and think of things to do from seated with hands getting weaker and legs allow me to walk a few yards.I enjoy reading, being taken outdoors to look at spring flowers bursting forth. I ring friends,FaceTime and look on You Tube.Never watched daytime TV until last few months.I like to cook as does my husband..I sit with him sharing banter while he tries new recipes.We play rummikub , do crosswords together .I sit wrapped up in the garden whilst hubby re pots and plants.
    We see our kids and 7 grandchildren ( a choice we made despite covid.The children generally play outside and when dry I sit out too).
    I am a practising Catholic so find I get strength from my beliefs but of course I have times when I think I have a lot worse to come but can’t allow myself to waste today overthinking what May or not happen tomorrow.Also feel blessed to have a support network of close friends,family and a great palliative care team.It’s great to hear how others spend their days and I admire those with painting talents and crafts...I never developed those skills.Best wishes.Mary

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    i thought along the same lines.
    gary you have a lovely cherry. who cares what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    Forum Member

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Gary I love your Cherry, can I get arrested for that?

Really though its lovely

Sue

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    suefromwakey - what about gary's cherry?

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    Forum Member

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Olivia your paintings are absolutely lovely

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    Forum Member

• Deb
    replied
    Gary, that is just fab ! X

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    Forum Member

• Deb
    replied
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful paintings Olivia . Thank you also for reminding us that, whist we should make the most of every day, its OK to think about what we've lost.

I miss dancing... I even used to dance when I was cleaning. Now I come to think of it I even miss cleaning ( but not ironing !)

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    Forum Member

• Ellie
    replied
    GaryM
    Forum Member
    GaryM That is so realistic I wanted to eat it!

Even when my hands worked, I could just about draw a straight line - you and Olivia are talented artists. x

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    gary thats wonderful. i honestly thought it was a photo.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    Forum Member

• GaryM
    replied
    Lovely paintings Olivia, especially the wagtail. I started learning to draw and paint around seven years ago. I bought all the stuff, like I do for anything I get interested in. I've not bothered trying to draw or paint anything since the symptoms started and now both my arms are too weak to even try. What I miss the most is talking, eating, gardening, walking and DIY in that order. Here's a painting of a cherry that I did.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    Forum Member

• denise
    replied
    hi lesley b

yes it will do him good to get out with the dogs. i presume when you said i still send him out on walks he takes them with him. sorry it made me laugh. so you have a beer garden? you have a pub?

Leave a comment:

• LesleyB
    Forum Member

• LesleyB
    replied
    Yes Denise my husband has never not had a dog.I am a new to it 21 years! We are lucky and have a garden . In fact it’s our beer garden . So last summer I spent hours in the garden watching our two dogs playing.I still send him out on walks. For his own health.

Leave a comment:

• Olivia H
    Forum Member

• Olivia H
    replied
    Thank you Lynne🙂 sometimes we just cant do what we did, but I could still paint, but had no interest in doing it when first diagnosed, then remembered I actually loved it, so now I'm back! I hope you can still, if it's something you would like to try x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X