This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time out

Earlier today I received a nasty, belittling and upsetting private message from a member of this forum. I enjoy reading all your posts and having lived with MND for over 10years now I hoped that I could help a few people along the way. I am not usually thin skinned but I didn't expect to get abuse therefore I am going to have some time away from the forum

stay safe everyone x Sarah xx

Sarah, I’m deeply saddened to read this. No one should ever have to put up with abuse. What on earth has happened 😢🥺

Comment

That is so upsetting to hear, Sarah - it is totally unacceptable for you to be bullied off the forum. I am absolutely livid... PMs can be flagged/reported, just as posts can.

There should be zero tolerance of such behaviour, public or private.

I have drastically cut back on my own forum use these last few days, thanks to too many despicable posts which have changed the tone of the forum entirely.

Sending you a huge supportive hug, Sarah.

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

That’s awful, hope you are ok? There are some nasty people in this world, don’t let this person put you off coming on here report the person x
        Janette x

Comment

Sarah, so very sad this has happened to you. Lots of love x
          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Oh no Sarah, I'm so sad and upset to read this.

The forum has always felt like, a loving and friendly place where we can support each other and share advice and experiences. I have been distressed at some of the comments made recently and its unacceptable for you to feel like this.

Sending you a lots of love and a big hug,
            Debbie x

Comment

Oh Sarah I hope you haven't gone without reading our messages. I've also kept away from this forum. We shouldn't let one horrible person intimidate us. This is our forum and we should fight back not hide away. Just means they win.
              love and hugs to everyone
              Denise xxxx

Comment

Before the lynching mob break down my front door I would ask just to say that I was in a completely different mind set when this morning I reacted late and in error. I know saying sorry never works but with this cruel death sentence we get used to things not working aren't we? 😟x

Comment

Sarah please please do not let one person stop you from sharing on this forum. We are all on different journeys but going the same way. Some of us can laugh, some of us cry, some of us have compassion, some of us have wisdom and some are a pain in the ( insert word of choosing). But when you think about it some that are like the latter are angry with what life has dealt them and this unfortunately comes out too frequently. I’m sure deep down they are nice.

Richard
                  Last edited by richard; 14 March 2021, 07:00.
                  Richard

Comment

Hi Sarah. I agree with the majority on this forum who are supportive, helpful and sympathetic. However, there have been a number of unacceptable/ offensive posts recently and if you have been at the sharp end of this I sympathise. . It’s unacceptable, and upsetting for forum members. Perhaps as Ellie says, you could report it to admin. Hoping you have no more similar experiences. Love, Lizzie x

Comment

I am the first to admit that I can, and am, a huge pain in the region that gives so many of us issues. But am I a bad man? You obviously get to choose, but don't do as I did, and make a decision in anger. 😢x

Comment

Yes I agree Sarah, it is totally unacceptable. As if we don't have enough problems.
                        Copyright Graham

Comment

matthew55 you are totally out of order during the last few days and I refuse to accept your excuse of the disease. I have restrained my anger up until now but consider this. How many recent members have you dissuaded from joining in, not to mention the distress you have caused to others. I am generally very tolerant of people struggling with MND but it is time you were called out. Since you joined us I respect your feelings and struggles but no one deserves the recent abuse and as has been stated by others you should read what you write before posting.
                          I appreciate you may not want to engage with me again but I am happy to let bygones be bygones.

Best wishes,
                          Barry
                          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

I was being bullied on here long before it came to a head. When you live alone with muteness there are few opportunities to express yourself so the cruelest act is to blank me totally. Second chances only happen in books it seems.

Comment

matthew55. I am sorry that you were bullied, that was obviously before I joined as I haven’t seen this. Although I have seen some responses to your more abrupt posts.

Matthew are your frequent obtuse posts deliberate to get a response? Most of us on this forum have this horrible disease or have someone they love with it. I feel for you very much living on your own and also I believe orally mute. I think I would also be at screaming point as well.

Looking at many of your posts I see that the members here have been very supportive of you. Conversely some of your posts are not supportive at all and can be construed to be deliberately provocative. Do you mean to do this or is it just a poor choice of language? I don’t think it’s the latter as you come across as a very intelligent person.

So many people have said to you ‘Let bygones be bygones’ and I am that camp. However I do find that hard at times but I struggle successfully to say that’s still true.

So how about if you have nothing positive, encouraging or supportive to say you post nothing and keep your thoughts to yourself?

The sunny weather is coming which your gnomes must be looking forward to. I wish you well and look forward to reading your future posts. Take care.

Richard
                              Last edited by richard; 14 March 2021, 07:54.
                              Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X