Nose running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nose running

Hello, my dad is now very immobile with ALS. one symptom that is driving him mad and my mum and she keeps having to wipe his nose that runs constantly! It’s very watery, the doctor thinks it’s an allergy but despite him having regular antihistamines it doesn’t help. Is this a normal symptom and does anyone having any suggestions what can help? Thank you x

Hi Jody, my partners nose has started to run a lot over the last few weeks. It started when he started using his NIV so not sure but we put it down to that.

Comment

I too had a runny nose recently from a cold/virus. It takes a couple of weeks to pass. It certainly is a pain!
      Copyright Graham

Comment

Lot of tree blossom. Could be that.

Comment

Hi Jody,
          I have no solution but I understand the problem.
          My nose is like a tap especially in the morning when I’m sitting on the loo. As my hands and arms get ever weaker I keep wondering how I will blow my nose. I’m sure my wife won’t want to be with me wiping my nose when I’m on the loo.

I’m not looking forward to it.

Andy x
          Sporadic MND/ALS - Limb onset - Diagnosed May 2016
          night time NIPPY, cough assist, PEG (not currently used)

Today is the tomorrow I feared yesterday

Comment

I haven't been able to blow my nose for ages. I use sudafed spray. And now my phlegm has disappeared it doesn't adversely affect me.
            ​​​​​​
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Sorry for my attempt of humour on a serous subject. Why do noses run and feet smell?

Richard
              Richard

Comment

When I try that I'm accused of all sorts. But then I am used to being the bad guy. 😟
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Working...
                X