Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY beauty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DIY beauty

    I have found a way to do DIY beauty at home. I can’t cut my own toenails or pluck my own eyebrows but there are great electronic tools under £10 for both tasks. I’m determined to keep myself neat and as glamorous as I can!

    #2
    Rachel my husband's toe nails are soooo thick and hard they are really difficult to cut. Would they work on them? I soak them in soapy water first but still a nightmare 🤔

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Rachel,
      I agree you have to look after yourself for your own self esteem.I treat myself to home visit to have toe nails cut and feet pampered every 12 weeks.Would you share info on what tools you found useful to purchase.?
      My hubby is a great carer and has learnt where the lotions and potions need to go when I can no longer do things myself.
      This weeks lesson is exfoliating dry skin on face and legs.Next comes how to apply basic makeup(Hope I don’t look like a clown after he takes over)

      The hair blow drying didn’t go well as he tied the brush up in my hair..a relative comes to do that for me all masked up and part of my personal care.

      Then their is hair removal if you sprout a few on upper lip!Well I am 66!

      Time for me to get out jogging trousers now sun is here..this too requires changes like pull on trousers as I can’t cope with zips and buttons now after using the loo.I don’t want what I deem as shape less pull ons but something more stylish.
      It’s all about looking the best I can and not resorting to presenting myself in baggy shapeless clothes and an uncared about appearance.
      Enjoy the sun today
      Best wishes
      Mary



      Comment


        #4
        I'm very interested in the nail cutter.
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

        Comment


          #5
          denise Sounds like you need an angle grinder for S's talons 😉 x
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

          Comment


            #6
            Ellie I don't think an angle grinder would cope. Bet no one else wears a hard hat and goggles! 🤓

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rachelr View Post
              I have found a way to do DIY beauty at home.
              Me too. I get to have a home spa day every day, thanks to my lovely carers 🤗🤗

              Having paralysed arms can bring benefits!
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

              Comment


                #8
                You have really good ideas Mary and Rachel,

                It sounds really frivolous but I've shown my husband how to dry my hair and do my make up as my arms get weaker. The tutorial ended with me in hysterical laughter.. he was quite offended I laughed at his efforts.

                I just need to win the lottery so I can have my own personal beautician/ hair stylest every morning 👱‍♀️🙂 x

                Comment


                  #9
                  Plucking was part of our daily ritual. As was under arms in summer. Legs twice a week. I’ll stop it there 😁Put some tunes on and away you go.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Mary C View Post
                    Hi Rachel,
                    I agree you have to look after yourself for your own self esteem.I treat myself to home visit to have toe nails cut and feet pampered every 12 weeks.Would you share info on what tools you found useful to purchase.?
                    My hubby is a great carer and has learnt where the lotions and potions need to go when I can no longer do things myself.
                    This weeks lesson is exfoliating dry skin on face and legs.Next comes how to apply basic makeup(Hope I don’t look like a clown after he takes over)

                    The hair blow drying didn’t go well as he tied the brush up in my hair..a relative comes to do that for me all masked up and part of my personal care.

                    Then their is hair removal if you sprout a few on upper lip!Well I am 66!

                    Time for me to get out jogging trousers now sun is here..this too requires changes like pull on trousers as I can’t cope with zips and buttons now after using the loo.I don’t want what I deem as shape less pull ons but something more stylish.
                    It’s all about looking the best I can and not resorting to presenting myself in baggy shapeless clothes and an uncared about appearance.
                    Enjoy the sun today
                    Best wishes
                    Mary


                    It’s made by sholl. Available on Amazon. With you on the make up and joggers!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by denise View Post
                      Rachel my husband's toe nails are soooo thick and hard they are really difficult to cut. Would they work on them? I soak them in soapy water first but still a nightmare 🤔
                      . It’s like file so should do - available on Amazon by sholl.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        H&M have a good range of pull-on trousers - everything from fitted cigarette trousers to cargo pants.
                        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Mary x you made me laugh x I have been trying to train my husband along the way and he is pretty good. He always does my showers and does use all the products I buy. He dries my hair better than my daughters and puts my make up on. (not that we have had much needed for the last year !)

                          I think that my skin is far better now than before x

                          We have had some funny moments along the way and it is always good to laugh x

                          Keep tidy girls x it makes you feel better xx

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X