grid pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grid pad

struggling with shaky curling fingers to type this using grid pad3.

Very sensitive screen.

Happy Easter !

Doug

The results look good my friend. 👍
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

You're doing alright Doug. Lovely to hear from you. Happy Easter 💖💕🐇🐣❤💕
      love and hugs Denise xxx

Comment

Good to hear from you Doug

Comment

Doug can you get a glove on? you can get the ones for computers/phones etc that have compression for hands,wrists, fingers etc, might be worth a try,

best wishes

Sue
          Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Nice to hear from you Doug. Have you got one of those big button jobs that can be plugged into you PC. It slows things down but takes away the need to use uncooperative fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
              struggling with shaky curling fingers to type this using grid pad3.
              🤔 They gave you Grid3, an assistive technology communication aid, but didn't give you any accesible hardware to let you actually overcome your issues and enable you to easily use the software - the mind boggles 🤯

Did they also provide the tablet or was the software installed on your own device? If you were given a Grid Pad tablet, all can be used with switches and the larger ones can also be used with eye trackers and other input devices.

Doug, I am so sorry that you're struggling to type and, even though I know you're a mild-mannered gentleman, it's time to pull on the boxing gloves and to politely, but firmly, tell them you need better help!!

Did anyone not see how hard it is for you to type? I know I've asked you questions, which you don't need to answer, but please know that you do not have to struggle with using a tablet with your hands, there are other ways.

Love Ellie xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

For several months my husband used an iPad with Predictable, which he loved. His condition has deteriorated quite rapidly so he now uses a Gridpad. At first he used a joystick, but found it too uncomfortable. His hand strength and flexibility are now so restricted that he uses a switch controlled by his thumb. It’s quite time consuming, but he has got used to it. It’s also been set up to replicate the Sky remote control so he can control the TV to his heart’s content!

Comment

Hi Polly,

It must be quite tiring and frustrating for your husband to navigate his iPad using only his magic thumb and a switch. Has anyone mentioned eye gaze to him? It would be faster for him and, as he is used to the Grid apps, the transition should be more straightforward and he can use it for his environmental controls too for the TV.

Love Ellie.

Comment

We’ve had brilliant help from ACT. They considered eye gaze, but for the time being, the switch seems to be the best option. He was so anti the grid pad! I can’t believe how he’s adapted to it. So many horrid things he has to get used to, so we need to let him accept them in his own time!

Comment

We're all a bit like that, Polly 😄

Your husband is lucky to have you xx

Comment

Working...
                      X