• Show
Clear All

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Heather x

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Lynne, Glad some of your results were false alarms, but pity you had them in the first place. Well done dealing with it all xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Well I love my catheter 😍👍😁😚xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Gordan x

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    Best wishes Lynne xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Originally posted by Jurlilane View Post
    Maybe you needed something more severe than an examination of only two organs and blood? When doctors say that a person's liver isn't in order, a person usually goes to take appropriate tests and goes for an ultrasound. Why didn't you immediately go to do a check of other organs of your body? When I found out about my kidney problem, I immediately went to the functional medicine clinic. I know that their method of treatment always includes a thorough examination of the entire body. It was they who were able to identify many diseases in me.
    Hi, thanks for your message. I had a series of tests organised by my GP. Some the same as the pre MND Smart Trial and a 24 hour blood pressure check. All tests results this time were good. So the way that the MND Smart Trial nurses performed the tests obviously had something to do with my dodgy results and my sticky blood was obviously dehydration which has taught me not to restrict my drinking. I’m seeing a Urologist on 5th September and going to ask for them to perform a suprapubic catheter on me then I will have a better easier times of it regarding drinking, visiting places that don’t have adequate disabled toilets and visiting family too as I can’t get up their stairs to their toilets. It’s painful for a short time (the two big injections into my stomach) this procedure but we’ll worth it. Lynne

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Maybe you needed something more severe than an examination of only two organs and blood? When doctors say that a person's liver isn't in order, a person usually goes to take appropriate tests and goes for an ultrasound. Why didn't you immediately go to do a check of other organs of your body? When I found out about my kidney problem, I immediately went to the functional medicine clinic. I know that their method of treatment always includes a thorough examination of the entire body. It was they who were able to identify many diseases in me. I was here https://melbournefunctionalmedicine.com.au/heart-and-diabetes/high-cholesterol. Ask them. Maybe they'll help you too. There is a hotline on the website.
    Last edited by ; 20 August 2021, 12:12.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Mathew x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Keep your chin up Lynne. We are here for you. 😍

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Debbie, I’m less tired now than the evening that we had our first vaccine so we hope that this means you are correct. Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    So sorry to hear about your recent health problem Lynne.... as if there isn't enough to worry about ! Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

I had less side effects with my second astra zeneca vaccine so I'm hoping you're feeling OK now .

Love and hugs to you,
    Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Polythysemia (I haven’t a clue hope it’s spelled) can be sorted out mostly through diet and medication like my mums. She had to avoid iron in her diet. But severe sufferers have to have all of their blood changed every so often in addition to dietary changes and medication. So I hope that I don’t have this and that my thick blood that day was due to dehydration. I was very thirsty whilst I was waiting, having deliberately not drank much so that I didn’t have an urgent need to pee whilst I was out.

My mum lasted to 82 despite heart disease, diabetes (weight related) and polythysemia. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 13 April 2021, 18:04.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Thanks Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Sorry to hear that you have more health issues Lynne. Hopefully there will be a treatment, unlike MND. X

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Ellie the nurse who gave us the second shot today (hurt more as she did it slower than the first one) said that that the side effects from this would probably be similar. She warned us to watch out got bad headaches or bruising and get checked out if so. That’ll be because of the recent blood clot scare but it’s so rare that I’m not stressing that it, xx
    Last edited by Lynne K; 14 April 2021, 14:06.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X