Alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alone

Is anyone else truly alone I mean? No calls, no visitors, no texts nothing but spam. I order stuff to get someone to knock on my door. I can't even get the doctors or hospice to reply to me. That's the loneliness I am talking about. 😒
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

I personally don’t know that feeling so I can only imagine but if you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you’ve always got. I urge you to contact your local MNDA branch which is 5miles away

contact details

Eric Seddon
    [email protected]

Comment

Quad est demonstratom they will ignore me too the excuse being Covoid. Apparently Zoom is a catch all. πŸ˜‰
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Since my Latin is about as good my gardening skills I can only ask have you tried explaining your predicament and what it is you are looking for.

Comment

Hi Matthew, I did private message you to try and help get you some help.Have you actioned anything yet ?
          Best wishes
          Mary

Comment

Hello matthew55

I have a tiny inkling of what that feels like.... I am sending you a virtual hug/squish/smush, whatever is the equivalent 'Oop North'!
            Carer for Dad - MND (ALS) 22/4/21 and Mum Alzheimers 26/5/21.

Girding my loins and grinding my battle axe for them both... https://forum.mndassociation.org/cor...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Oh I get it I'm being a drama queen. I have a friend who visits daily? Yes and doesn't talk to me just his mates on Xbox. I get the news second hand. Quad est is a posh way of saying point proved. I live in the north but I m not northern. I'm a southern softie which explains a lot eh? Even professionals stay away these days. Letters and emails are ignored and fancy web things go unanswered. Obviously no one is where I am. To think I thought life was pointless before. 😞
              ​​​​​

Comment

Hey matthew55

Ok, where in the South did you hail from? I am being nosy now....

Girding my loins and grinding my battle axe for them both... https://forum.mndassociation.org/cor...ilies/wink.png

Comment

And, to be flippant, just what kind of, erm, 'professionals' are we talking about? Ha!

Comment

Really, that's all I get?

Comment

Hey matthew55

Sorry, didn't mean to offend - just hoping to cheer you a little with being flippant....

Comment

I do not get notifications from here about replies anymore. Nothing I've done. Humour is fine when you know your subjects mood my errant friend. 😁

Comment

I hope that you get carers soon Mathew, then they can do what’s you need regarding car and a few favours like phone calls for you. I also hope that your friend spends less time on the XBox and more chatting to you and mayhem doing the odd call for you. Love Lynne x
                          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I am a southerner (Sittingbourne Kent) ,but moved to Sheffield in 1997 after marrying a Yorkshire lass, I have found the people round here to be very friendly even though their accent (which I like) takes some getting used too.
                            As for loneliness I am lucky to have a nagging wife/carer, but that can also bring its own problems when you are cooped up together.
                            Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
                            Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
                            Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

MND provides an examination of the character Positive, and you have smashed it out of the park!

Not only have you knocked it beyond the UK, it is now on an whole new adventure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk
                              Copyright Graham

Comment

Working...
                              X