Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkelle
    replied
    Yes I do suffer with ibs. They did ask me at the hospice about a catheter but wasn't keen as I was just getting used to the rig. I wish they did it at the same time. Its getting me down now x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Sorry Pink, you're really having a tough time these last few months.

There are meds for urinary urgency which your GP can advise on. Unpalatable though it sounds, a catheter might be a good option and remove that particular stress.

Did you say you've IBS or maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else? Could it be the food? Are you on the Multi-Fibre one?

When I was badly constipated, I got overflow diarrhoea which is when impacted hard poo is stuck in the bowels and had very urgent needs. I had gurgles in my bowels and I only had a few mins to get to the loo. It took a laxative regime to solve the issue.

Can your GP refer you to a Continence Nurse/Service? I know it's embarrassing but it's hellish for you at the moment...

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkelle
    started a topic Bowel and bladder problems

Bowel and bladder problems

Hi people. Havent posted for a while as I've had yet another chest infection and been pretty poorly.
    I have another problem now which I feel embarrassed about and stressing over it.
    I am finding that when I need a wee or need to empty bowels the feeling comes on so quick by the time I get into wet room and get hoisted it's too late. It's on my mind constantly now and freaking me out. I wear tena pants most of the time but if mick takes me he finds it hard getting them on me by himself so I go without.
    Im finding this very hard to talk about but I know you will all understand. Any advice please???
Working...
X