Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denise
    replied
    Thanks Ellie. Stephens peg has 2 caps one for feed and one for flush. The feed has stretched a bit so it should be replaced but I think they might replace the whole thing. Only went in 8 months ago. Seems daft to me.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    How often do they need replacing?
    A bumper retained tube, which covers the vast majority of long feeding tubes, doesn't normally need replacing unless it breaks or is 'old' and has wear and tear.

Some manufacturers recommended placing a new tube every 18-24months but, in practice, this is rarely done, and they last years. Only some hospitals seem to bother replacing tubes routinely.

Balloon retained tubes, on the other hand, need to be replaced regularly - their lifespan is about 6 months but some people change theirs more frequently. Balloon retained long tubes are usually fitted in a RIG procedure. xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    How often do they need replacing?

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    It's something to look forward to returning to. I'd go every week for a PEG if I could. 😍😘🤗😁xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Let us know when you go in mary then we can wish you the best.
    Denise xx

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi Denise..
    I could get commission.I shall miss it when I go in hospital next week to get a PEG fitted.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Mary now has a job as a bio bidet rep. 😉

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi on the subject of constipation....
    I was prescribed laxatives as Oramorph was making me constipated.
    My husband suggested use the bio bidet “turbo setting”. Well what can I say except a jet of warm water pointed in the right area got things moving😂.
    No need so far to use laxatives thanks to action of bio bidet !
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon,

Ellie, I am a bit of a seer but generally as you say I don't see things coming.

Except death and taxes of course!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    nunhead_man You can neither predict or control your future, so don't worry about it....

Tomorrow will come with or without your worry. xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Life is what we think of it. Living without hope is very difficult with no pharmaceutical aid. I know. 🤔🤗😘😁xx

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon,

To close this off for me, now about 2 weeks on I did have stern words with the GP and she has apologised.

But the darkness of Wednesday and Thursday last week remains with me and perhaps in a way I hadn't looked for a rehearsal of how things may be in the future.

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon Ellie

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Laxatives really ought to be routinely prescribed alongside all opioids, it annoys me that some GPs don't do this 😡

Andy, all opioids also depress respiratory function, probably the reason behind the middle-of-the-night breathlessness, and something to be hyper aware of.

Are you finished taking Dihydrocodeine?
    Thank you – that is new information for me so I will have some stern words with GP practice tomorrow.

I did take dihydrocodeine for a few days until I realise it was gumming up the works and then stopped it luckily after pain had subsided.

In fact I took Senna to clear out my guts on the advice of the nurse from the Mountbatten Hospice who happened during for her quarterly catch up on checkup whilst I was deep in this difficulty

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Best drugs I find for constipation and low mood are Sodium PicoSulfate and Prozac (Pico wait six hours and Prozac two weeks. Both are more than worth the wait.) 😋🧐😑🤭 xx

Leave a comment:

• Positive vibes
    replied
    Thank you for posting this Andy

I will definitely mention this to my Dad - he takes pain-killers for FM, but, ahem, his IBS hasn't led to constipation yet. However, with less mobility on the horizon, this may be something he needs to be on the watch for...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X