Down but not out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down but not out

Whilst serving dinner tonight I fell backwards on the kitchen floor. I cook and generally Sue serves but I had prepared a roasted figs in balsamic vinegar with goat’s cheese and I wanted to present it on the plate, however I presented it on the floor. After I managed to get up we shared the one plate I hadn’t dropped and jokingly Sue said that’s portion control. The remainder of the meal was served by Sue and I am nursing a sore elbow. Oh the joys of this disease but I refuse to give in.
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Oh no Barry hope you’re ok 🥺 I don’t bother now had too many mishaps, just about manage to make a cuppa every now and then but even that’s getting harder 🤨
    Janette x

Comment

I hope you are ok Barry.

It is interesting that you fell backwards. My uncle had PSP and a common feature of PSP is falling backwards. Do you know what MND you have and have you been whole genome tested?
      Copyright Graham

Comment

You obviously have bounce back ability Barry52 😁😍xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

How upsetting and annoying. Hope you are ok. At least you both hot to savour some of it after all your efforts.

😘

Comment

hope you're ok Barry after your fall. When Mick fell he always went backwards

Comment

Sounds a lovely meal..sorry about the fall
              Best wishes
              Mary

Comment

As Ronnie Barker said, I think, don't let the b- grind you down.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words friends. My elbow is swollen and I will take it easy for a few days.

Graham I have PLS but I haven’t had a genome test. In the early days I would fall forward but in the last few years it tends to be a over t. (Not a typo)
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope your elbow heals quickly.
                    I have always had a fear of falling, goes back to when I was a child. So this disease and the falls scare me silly.
                    Glad you still managed to enjoy your meal, let us know how you get on. Gwynie x

Comment

When falling backwards, you did very well to stop yourself hitting your head - your poor elbow took the brunt. You cook the exciting things, lay them beautifully on the plate, so it should be no problem to let your wife serve it? Get well soon.
                      Mum died with MND in 1979 – I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from her. Reckon mine started sometime in 2018

Comment

Barry52 You're like one of those Roly-Poly toys which pop back up each time they're knocked over 😏

I used to love figs with goat's cheese, mmmmm...

Heal soon.

Love Ellie.
                        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Like the ones that sit at the bottom of a budgie cage. 😁

Comment

I’m sorry about your fall Barry and hope that your elbow eases quickly, Lynne x
                            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Ouch Barry,

Hope you're not too sore and stiff today after your fall yesterday. I know you'll keep going but do take special care.

Your food sound delicious... figs and goats cheese are going on my online delivery.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Working...
                              X