Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwynie
    replied
    Sorry to hear about your fall, I hope your elbow heals quickly.
    I have always had a fear of falling, goes back to when I was a child. So this disease and the falls scare me silly.
    Glad you still managed to enjoy your meal, let us know how you get on. Gwynie x

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words friends. My elbow is swollen and I will take it easy for a few days.

Graham I have PLS but I haven’t had a genome test. In the early days I would fall forward but in the last few years it tends to be a over t. (Not a typo)

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    As Ronnie Barker said, I think, don't let the b- grind you down.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Sounds a lovely meal..sorry about the fall
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    hope you're ok Barry after your fall. When Mick fell he always went backwards

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    How upsetting and annoying. Hope you are ok. At least you both hot to savour some of it after all your efforts.

😘

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    You obviously have bounce back ability Barry52 😁😍xx

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    I hope you are ok Barry.

It is interesting that you fell backwards. My uncle had PSP and a common feature of PSP is falling backwards. Do you know what MND you have and have you been whole genome tested?

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Oh no Barry hope you’re ok 🥺 I don’t bother now had too many mishaps, just about manage to make a cuppa every now and then but even that’s getting harder 🤨

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    started a topic Down but not out

Down but not out

Whilst serving dinner tonight I fell backwards on the kitchen floor. I cook and generally Sue serves but I had prepared a roasted figs in balsamic vinegar with goat’s cheese and I wanted to present it on the plate, however I presented it on the floor. After I managed to get up we shared the one plate I hadn’t dropped and jokingly Sue said that’s portion control. The remainder of the meal was served by Sue and I am nursing a sore elbow. Oh the joys of this disease but I refuse to give in.
Working...
X