Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospital tomorrow for PEG procedure

Good morning,
    So tomorrow is PEG insertion day for me.Ironically I have struggled all weekend using the NIV.I just kept coughing once it was in place and I lay down on my side.Last night within an hour I woke 3 times coughing my head off.Didn't cough during the day.Ended up hot and bothered and so tired so had to leave NIV off and slept well with no coughing .

So it could be positional?.I have had the NIV for several weeks and averaged about 5 hours with it on overnight.

I need to take it to hospital with me and will check with respiratory team as to why they think I am not tolerating it.
    I do know my voice is weaker, dry mouth persists at night,swallowing now getting affected but tolerating normal diet at the moment.Appetite decreasing with weight loss( got supplements which I dislike as sweet).
    A year post diagnosis this week....still making the best of every day.

Best wishes
    Mary

Stay calm and try not to worry. All will be well. Stay Strong ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Zxx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Hope all goes well Mary x

Comment

Matthew is right. It will be fine you can do this.

that niv seems more trouble than it's worth. Do you have a cough assist machine. Stephen received one of those and an inhaler. He's resisting both but I try to help him ๐Ÿ˜
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Mary C Wishing you well for tomorrow. Let us know when you get home x
          Iโ€™m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

I cannot imagine what you have been goin through. I wish you all the best for tomorrow
            Mum died with MND in 1979 โ€“ My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Hello Mary, I hope that all went well for you today and perhaps by this time its all over

best wishes

Sue
              Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Wishing you ll the very best Mary. X

Comment

Thank you all for kind wishes..I need to drop the nerves and get on with it(Wednesday).Easier said than done xx
                  Mary

Comment

Best wishes for the procedure Mary, hope the staff treat you well during your stay. xx
                    โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

I too hope that the procedure tomorrow goes well.

Sleep is so important so I hope that the respiratory team come up with a fix for you when you wear the NIV.

Love and hugs ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค— Lynne xx
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Mary,

Hope everything goes well with the procedure brave lady. I've everything crossed for you and hope you're back home soon ready to put your lippy on.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Wishing you well with the procedure tomorrow and hopefully theyโ€™ll sort your problems with Niv xx
                          Janette x

Comment

Hope it all goes well Mary and you are soon back home xx

Comment

Wishing you well Mary

Richard
                              Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X