Cic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cic

Just met two very nice and down to earth chaps who will visit three times a day for ten minutes which suits me perfectly. So far so good. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ€—xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

That sounds good, Matthew, glad you have taken the plunge with carers, hope you feel better supported with them coming x
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

What does cic stand for? πŸ€”
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Care in Community
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Great news Matthew. I trust they are trained to manage your needs?
          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Glad you have some help at last.
            Best wishes
            Mary

Comment

Very glad that you made the decision to have carers and it sounds like they’re good. I hope that it works as well as you want it to, Lynne x
              ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

matthew55 Good news they are down to earth chaps...10 minutes doesn't seem much time...but I'm guessing you feel that's enough. Most care agencies in my area will not provide less than 30 minutes each visit.
                Hope it all goes well & you feel the benefits of their supportπŸ‘
                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

matthew55 That is sooooo good to hear and hopefully it will alleviate some of the boredom and lonliness for you.

But, pardon my ignorance M'Lud... Will they do anything medical in those 10mins or do they keep an eye on you? xx
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

What will they do for you or is it just to make sure you are Ok? Not sure what anyone can do in 10 minutes. That's probably when you've sat on the loo they turn up πŸ€”
                    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

The company I worked for charged a minimum of 30 minutes, even if our work took less than that. I heard about another company that started at 15. Sounds like CIC is a win win! Assuming they aren't too expensive, that is.
                      Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

matthew55 said CIC are Nurses, not carers. ??
                        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Well they wear blue and are only here to PEG me. I have asked for just three visits per day. I have asked for other carers but nothing heard yet. 😁xx

Comment

Working...
                          X