Emergency Alert Bracelet - best type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency Alert Bracelet - best type?

Looking for a wrist bracelet alert device. At the moment Evelyn, my wife with MND, calls my mobile anytime she needs help, like getting up for the loo from afternoon nap, come back from shopping, etc. She just manages with her limited finger use - so I have been looking at the market for a wrist bracelet device that she can touch and a signal goes to a device I wear or my mobile phone. One I have seen one that has two simple buttons red and green. Emergency signal or even a voice connect to mobile phone.

Any advise or experiences please?

Regards Keith and Evelyn

https://www.buddi.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKC...xoCB4oQAvD_BwE

Hi Keith and Evelyn,
    I have buddi wristband. It has an alarm you can press and a fall detector. It will also alarm if you shake your wrist and you can adjust the sensitivity so it doesn't go off too easily. My children have downloaded the app so it is linked to their phones as well as my husband's but you can have it linked to their call centre.
    I used to just ensure I had my mobile to hand but hubby , who is the carer slipped inthe shower whilst I was using my shower wheelchair ( with no phone !) He was fine but we realised we would be in a spot of bother if he had hurt himself as I can't walk. It just gives us peace of mind as a back up.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Hi Keith,

As well as having an alert system, a wireless doorbell might be useful for Evelyn to call you around the house. I use a bell with a flat touch surface, so not a button to press, but a nice large flat area. (I actually press it with my head, my arms are useless!) The receiving unit is plugged in in the central hall, so it can be heard throughout the house.

I can even set it to play happy birthday and Christmas songs (much to people's annoyance 🤭)

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Another Evelyn! Would never have expected it! Hello Keith and Evelyn, we are Peter aand Evelyn. sorry, not a relevnat post, but, hey ho.
        Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Stuart falling in the shower highlights how vulnerable we are and dependent on others. I don't know how we would cope if I fell. 🤔
          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Hello all. Thank you for the comments about wrist alerts. We have seen the Buddi so I will look further at that. Like the idea of linking to a phone as well. Hey ho to EvelynMW. My Evelyn did have a fall this week, trying to do too much, we have a ‘raiser’ provided by OT that worked well and saved a call to 111. Regards Keith and Evelyn

Comment

Working...
            X