No announcement yet.

Another week away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds lovely, Evelyn - a good opportunity to scout out the town. Enjoy xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

It’s great that many of us have fond memories of holidays in Scotland. I was lucky enough to work in the country so I would plan my client visits with a long weekend which gave us the chance to explore the whole country. I remember calling on clients in the central belt and my office in London would ring me to say that someone in Aberdeenshire wanted to see me so could I pop in. They had no idea it was a 3 hour drive and the same back before driving home to the Midlands. I also worked in Northern Ireland in the 80’s and discovered the beautiful coastline but I had to keep a low profile. I have been back many times since both north and south and there is much to see so we are blessed with these islands we inhabit. Happy days.
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Me too Barry.

I installed a few scoreboards up there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKyWLAaStwM
        Copyright Graham

Comment

My favourite place in Scotland...Callanish Stone Circles on Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides. Just fab! Seconded by any good single malt distillery😁

Comment

Originally posted by Olivia H View Post
            My favourite place in Scotland...Callanish Stone Circles on Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides. Just fab! Seconded by any good single malt distillery😁
            Hi Olivia,

My memory of Lewis goes back to the 70’s when we sailed in on our yacht charter. When we entered the local pub the regulars started speaking in Gaelic but when we said we had sailed there the friendly conversation reverted to English. We were informed that the locals do this when tourists arrive by ferry but sailors are very welcome.

Comment

An overnight stay to break the journey as I am the driver so I pre-booked the North Lakes hotel in Penrith. Stayed here before so I know it is accessible. First problem was I hadn’t booked dinner and the resso our options were room service (I hate that as there wasn’t a table in the room) so we elected to dine in the bar. 3 steps down which I managed with some help and then to get onto a high barstool with a raised table. Once I was seated I wasn’t moving for a couple of hours and we enjoyed the meal.
              Onwards to Edinburgh tomorrow.

Comment

We are nothing if not adaptable. So nice to have you back my friend 🤗😘😍😁xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Glad you're having a great time even with a few hiccups 😘
                  when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Edinburgh is lovely, enjoy it Barry xx

Comment

Met up with friends from Ayrshire on the way to Edinburgh and had a great lunch in an Italian restaurant. Arrived in our hotel where we spend 4 nights before heading north. End of an era as we had a 21 year lease on a timeshare in the west end and this year is the last. Maybe perfect timing as the Georgian hotel is not very accessible but lots of wonderful memories.

Comment

4 nights is a good break in Edinburgh and its environs, enjoy it Barry xx

Comment

Enjoy Edinburgh Barry. Its such a lovely city ! When we last went it was February and so cold we had to take refuge in a whisky distillery! Xx

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                            Enjoy Edinburgh Barry. Its such a lovely city ! When we last went it was February and so cold we had to take refuge in a whisky distillery! Xx
                            Not a bad place to shelter Debs. I will be visiting a distillery when we get to Grantown on Spey.

Comment

Have a great time Barry 👍
                              Janette x

Comment

Embarrassing

Just when I thought my holiday was going well I had a fall in the M&S food hall. Sue was looking at clothes so I thought I would get some snacks for supper as we had lunch out. I was reaching for something on a high shelf and over I went with my walker on top of me. 2 ladies helped me up and they wanted to call a first aider but you know how it is as I didn’t want a fuss or a delay and I couldn’t get the words out to explain so I sloped off. A few bruises this morning but that won’t hold me back as today I am road testing my new power wheelchair in Edinburgh botanical gardens. Watch this space for a review later.

Wishing everyone a good day.
                                Barry

Comment

Working...
                                X