Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Better luck tomorrow Barry!
    Denise.....Musselborough or something like that??x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Oh Barry .. im sorry your outing was such a hassle.... sometimes accessible areas are anything but.

I hope you're not too sore after your fall in M and S.and that the rest of your trip ( no pun intended !) goes well x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That is a real shame for you Barry. Yes, get used to prebooking admission times be it for a restaurant, zoo or garden etc...

xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    oh barry. things arent going well at all. bit of a let down. i remember going to the beach from edinburgh a lovely beach with the same name as the sea shells. i cant think what its called. went there when our kids were small. we had such a lovely time. another life. xxx

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Well that outing went badly. Arrived at the botanical garden to find you needed to book a time slot and besides which the disabled access parking was suspended due to an alternative entrance. New plan was to go to Leith and explore accessible areas. The area is chaotic as the tram extension is underway so a warning to anyone planning a visit to Edinburgh, avoid Leith. Couldn’t find anywhere to park so I headed back to the hotel.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Ow Barry, hurt body and hurt pride, so I give you a big virtual hug (they don't hurt!)

Hope you manage to avoid the garden's prized specimens with the powerchair 🤭

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Oh Barry

that must have been such a shock.

hope the roadtesting goes well. Don't do too many wheelies.

love and hugs Denise xxx

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Embarrassing

Just when I thought my holiday was going well I had a fall in the M&S food hall. Sue was looking at clothes so I thought I would get some snacks for supper as we had lunch out. I was reaching for something on a high shelf and over I went with my walker on top of me. 2 ladies helped me up and they wanted to call a first aider but you know how it is as I didn’t want a fuss or a delay and I couldn’t get the words out to explain so I sloped off. A few bruises this morning but that won’t hold me back as today I am road testing my new power wheelchair in Edinburgh botanical gardens. Watch this space for a review later.

Wishing everyone a good day.
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Have a great time Barry 👍

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    Enjoy Edinburgh Barry. Its such a lovely city ! When we last went it was February and so cold we had to take refuge in a whisky distillery! Xx
    Not a bad place to shelter Debs. I will be visiting a distillery when we get to Grantown on Spey.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Enjoy Edinburgh Barry. Its such a lovely city ! When we last went it was February and so cold we had to take refuge in a whisky distillery! Xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    4 nights is a good break in Edinburgh and its environs, enjoy it Barry xx

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Met up with friends from Ayrshire on the way to Edinburgh and had a great lunch in an Italian restaurant. Arrived in our hotel where we spend 4 nights before heading north. End of an era as we had a 21 year lease on a timeshare in the west end and this year is the last. Maybe perfect timing as the Georgian hotel is not very accessible but lots of wonderful memories.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Edinburgh is lovely, enjoy it Barry xx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X