Glad you're having a great time even with a few hiccups 😘

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    We are nothing if not adaptable. So nice to have you back my friend 🤗😘😍😁xx

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    An overnight stay to break the journey as I am the driver so I pre-booked the North Lakes hotel in Penrith. Stayed here before so I know it is accessible. First problem was I hadn’t booked dinner and the resso our options were room service (I hate that as there wasn’t a table in the room) so we elected to dine in the bar. 3 steps down which I managed with some help and then to get onto a high barstool with a raised table. Once I was seated I wasn’t moving for a couple of hours and we enjoyed the meal.
    Onwards to Edinburgh tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by Olivia H View Post
    My favourite place in Scotland...Callanish Stone Circles on Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides. Just fab! Seconded by any good single malt distillery😁
    Hi Olivia,

My memory of Lewis goes back to the 70’s when we sailed in on our yacht charter. When we entered the local pub the regulars started speaking in Gaelic but when we said we had sailed there the friendly conversation reverted to English. We were informed that the locals do this when tourists arrive by ferry but sailors are very welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Olivia H
    replied
    My favourite place in Scotland...Callanish Stone Circles on Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides. Just fab! Seconded by any good single malt distillery😁

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Me too Barry.

I installed a few scoreboards up there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKyWLAaStwM

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    It’s great that many of us have fond memories of holidays in Scotland. I was lucky enough to work in the country so I would plan my client visits with a long weekend which gave us the chance to explore the whole country. I remember calling on clients in the central belt and my office in London would ring me to say that someone in Aberdeenshire wanted to see me so could I pop in. They had no idea it was a 3 hour drive and the same back before driving home to the Midlands. I also worked in Northern Ireland in the 80’s and discovered the beautiful coastline but I had to keep a low profile. I have been back many times since both north and south and there is much to see so we are blessed with these islands we inhabit. Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That sounds lovely, Evelyn - a good opportunity to scout out the town. Enjoy xx

Leave a comment:

• EvelynMW
    replied
    We are off next Tuesday for a short break to another seaside town that we might choose to live in. Fabulous to be able to go away almost evry montth!

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I had a honeymoon in the Trossachs and loved it. The road up the West Coast gives the best sea views you will ever see. 🤗😍😘😁xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    I had a wonderful month-long holiday railing, hitch-hiking and catching ferries/boats around Scotland in my early 20s. Visited stunning highlands and islands, met lovely people, slept everywhere but hotels, even climbed Ben Nevis. Sure, it wasn't wall to wall sunshine and the midges were too plentiful in places but, despite holidaying in numerous countries on various continents, that Scottish holiday is in my top 3.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Originally posted by Olivia H View Post
    I managed 5 days in a Cotswolds lodge last week, shower required imaginative use but was lovely to be in countryside, on a nature reserve essentially🙂
    Barry, I am doing a 3 week Scottish tour in September, hope your trip goes well.
    Thanks Olivia,

The UK has some wonderful scenery and we can reach it by car or bus but we have to take a chance with the weather.

Leave a comment:

• Olivia H
    replied
    I managed 5 days in a Cotswolds lodge last week, shower required imaginative use but was lovely to be in countryside, on a nature reserve essentially🙂
    Barry, I am doing a 3 week Scottish tour in September, hope your trip goes well.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    apologies for getting your name wrong Dave.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Interesting to hear reviews. Glad you had a good time, Dave, and all the best Barry. Btw Dave, I have just asked for an "Easy going trails" booklet from Sheffield council, I don't know if you know that? Just progressing (or regressing) to walker with seat!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X