Another week away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Barry

supposed to be investigating diversity. How will that Scottish water guy feel?! 😄

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
      How will that Scottish water guy feel?!
      From my experience of Scottish men, he'll feel lovely 🤭😂😂

Missed your chance there Baz... xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Checked in at the Gleneagles hotel only to discover my obsession with email about accessibility had not been shared with all departments. Suite allocated had an 8” step to the bathroom so on to room 2. This room had no step but only a shower and I wasn’t earning any brownie points from Sue for that. Room 3 had no steps and only a bath but we settled on this as I had showered this morning. 10 minutes later a bottle of champagne arrived with compliments from the management. Result.
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

You'll need another holiday to recover from this holiday!

Enjoy the 🍾 xx

Comment

I'm exhausted keeping up with it. 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Heather R View Post
              Interesting to hear reviews. Glad you had a good time, Dave, and all the best Barry. Btw Dave, I have just asked for an "Easy going trails" booklet from Sheffield council, I don't know if you know that? Just progressing (or regressing) to walker with seat!
              https://bradfield-walkers.org.uk/wp-...ks-leaflet.pdf
              A big thank you Heather, I found a website/location that could be useful for Sheffield
              Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
              Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
              Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

We have had a lovely week in the Lake District (Crook). If you want a fabulous purpose built disabled people’s wooden cabin look at Lake District Disabled Holidays. Run by a lovely couple who own the farm. Set in a quiet lovely place with lovely views around. Only 2 cabins being rented out but they’re working on getting the supa-dupa third one ready that has hoists. They’re putting a pool in. This is our second visit and we’ve booked two weeks the beginning of July next year too. Lynne x
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Sounds perfect, Lynne, glad you and Steve got away. xx

Comment

Working...
                  X