X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    Covoid has changed our lives in ways we haven't realised yet.
    If we can adapt to living with an MND, adapting to life in a post-Covid era will be a walk in the park πŸ₯° xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    And me. No sunshine here yet. Must be having a lie in.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Covoid has changed our lives in ways we haven't realised yet. Sorry to start a sunny Sunday morning with a negative post. πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    Not one person has knocked on our door and offered help. Nothing like community spirit. I'm not sure what that is but I haven't seen any of it.

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Yes I have that too, people I thought were good friends disappearing, and others surprisingly supportive. I think some don't know how to act so stay away, one said she was quite nervous before seeing me thinking she might not be able to understand anything I` said, and another asked if it hurt to talk x

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Friends don't get me started. I have better friends on here than in real life.πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    Nettie Aww, that's a lovely photo Janette, very special for you all !!

I know what you mean by friends not sticking around and it's not always the 'usual suspects' who disappear - some friends I've had since I was 4 just ran for the hills, whilst some I've only known a wet day, have become very close, supportive and invaluable.

I've had my eyes open for sure. 😘
    Yes Ellie I’ve definitely had my eyes opened I’ve had more support off people I have only known a short while and only a couple of true friends who have known a long while who have been there ❀️ I also have 4 brothers who have not been there also πŸ₯Ί my mum would turn in her grave xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Woohoo, you are home Mary C That is super news!

Bet it feels great to be home in your own bed and, better still, to be reunited with your washer loo πŸ˜ƒ

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi All..I love getting out in the manual wheelchair as being outside gives me the feel good factor.Glad you got out too Matthew. You seem a lot more cheerful so that tells me something is going well for you.

After 11 days in hospital and finally feeding tube in place I couldn’t wait to get home today.
    My garden looks great as so many roses in bloom etc.( ignored the weeds).
    Its great just to hear birds and enjoy looking at the flowers etc.

FRIENDS: I feel so blessed to have close friends and none have ran away yet.They add so much to my life.I know things may change as MND changes my abilities but have a feeling that most will stay close and supportive..let’s hope so.

I hope to get out for a wheelchair push tomorrow.Not sure about my powered chair yet as downstairs rooms are quite small.Aso on landing it’s a really tight space to turn safely.Would prefer it for outside only but was told I should use it indoors too as that’s why it was ordered.
    Awaiting outdoors assessment and must order a portable threshold ramp soon to get it outside to practice in the garden.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Nettie a lovely photo, and Ellie that's the same with grief.............people just don't know how to handle it.............not worth having in my view

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Nettie Aww, that's a lovely photo Janette, very special for you all !!

I know what you mean by friends not sticking around and it's not always the 'usual suspects' who disappear - some friends I've had since I was 4 just ran for the hills, whilst some I've only known a wet day, have become very close, supportive and invaluable.

I've had my eyes open for sure. 😘

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    yes there's a lot of people like that. when you think they would be there for you and suddenly they have gone.

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    There’s not many who have stuck around but she is one of them that has πŸ₯°

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by denise View Post
    thats a lovely photo nettie. is that your daughter?
    Thanks Denise no it’s a friend who I used to work with 😊

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    thats a lovely photo nettie. is that your daughter?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X