Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so sorry to hear this Pink. hope its successful next time x

Comment

Oh Pink, so sorry it did not go well today. I have been thinking about you. I am not surprised you're not comfortable tonight.
      Hope you feel better tomorrow.
      Love Debbie x

Comment

Hi Pink,

I’m sorry to hear that your op wasn’t a success but I hope they can sort the situation out soon. April will be a joyous month for you and your family so you deserve a stress free day although I suspect you will have enough stress choosing the mother of the groom outfit lol.

Barry x
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

You can get a home kit that flushes you out completely using water but you may need help to do this . I have used it on my partner as he struggles to go on his own .. but he is empty and doesn’t need to go fir a few days after ask your district nurse then you won’t need to worry and can enjoy the wedding xx

Comment

I hope so too Debbie and shrew. And Barry it is very stressful choosing an outfit. Louise do you mean it flushes his bowel out?

Comment

Yeah his bowel makes him feel amazing when it’s done as he gets so constipated

Comment

Hello Pink,

Sorry to hear that things didn't go smoothly today. Hopefully the nurse will get things right next time.

Men have it so much easier than the ladies when shopping for a wedding outfit - all they have to do is hire or buy a suit! LOL - and they don't have the stress of needing to colour co-ordinate it with new shoes, handbag, hat, lipstick, nail varnish etc!

I hope you have a more relaxing day tomorrow.

Love
                Kayleigh x
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 11 February 2019, 22:34.

Comment

Hi Pink
                  Hope you got some sleep last night and you’re feeling more comfortable today .
                  Good luck with the dress shopping.
                  The shops seem to be getting more spring/summery dresses in.

Really hope your team can sort out the other issues, it will be a weight off your mind.
                  Love Helen x

Comment

Sorry the catheter placement did not to plan Pink.

If you have bladder sphincter spasms, that would explain your urgent need to pee and, if you found yourself leaking, spasms could also be wholly or partly to blame for that too.

The good new is that there are meds to reduce bladder spasms - you may not need to take they on an ongoing basis, but to make the catheter placement easier and less uncomfortable, I'd suggest taking a bladder antispasmodic tablet, or maybe even a Diazepam, to relax the spasm before the next attempt. Ask your GP.

It's a shame the Nurse didn't mention how to allieviate the troublesome spasms, if that's what she thought the problem was

Or it may have been that the actual catheter insertion caused spasms, again, maybe a Diazepam about 45-60 mins before the procedure will relax the spasm - ask your GP.

If you are considering having an enema, that's something the Nurse can do for you but you'd need to be well set up for it, as you only have a few minutes to get from bed to the loo or commode...

Hope you're more comfortable today.

Love Ellie.
                    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Great.. After the hideous catheter experience I now have a bladder infection!!

Comment

oh no Pink what bad luck, hope you are well soon x

Comment

Sorry about your infection Pink.' I hope that it clears up quickly. You probably know, so just a gentle reminder to drink plenty to help your system to clear the infection out. Lynne x
                          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Oh Pink. You've had enough to deal with. I hope you have been given some effective medication and that you are not in pain.

I hope you feel better very soon.

Sending you love and hugs,
                            Kayleigh xx

Comment

Oh no!!! You don't need that Pink

As Kayleigh said, I hope you're taking antibiotics and they clear up the infection quickly.

Love Ellie.
                              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Pink , I have been reading all about your problems. I do hope you feel much better soon.

Take care
                                Sheila x

Comment

Working...
                                X