Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Well early doors a nurse notices my bed is completely soaking. I hadn't noticed. I ended up with a fresh bed and hospital pajamas. I have been on constant fluids and I was peeing a lot during the night but no one checked my bag until 6am. Good start πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€—xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Oh dear.Hope you get sorted and back home soon.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Comment

Hope things progress better now Matthew x
      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

They are letting me back my Prozac so all forgiven πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€— xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
          Well early doors a nurse notices my bed is completely soaking. I hadn't noticed. I ended up with a fresh bed and hospital pajamas. I have been on constant fluids and I was peeing a lot during the night but no one checked my bag until 6am. Good start πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€—xx
          Tell them you're doing research for CQC I guarantee no urine bag left unemptiedπŸ˜‰πŸ˜…
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

It's not a bag you need, it's a bucket πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Good news re Prozac 😘
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Day three and I finally ask for an air mattress 😘😁😍😁 xx

Comment

Good you are getting all the gear to keep you comfortable.
                Best wishes
                Mary

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                  Day three and I finally ask for an air mattress 😘😁😍😁 xx
                  Not like you to be shy and retiring πŸ˜‰ did you get one? xx

​

Comment

Yes and very quickly πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜ xx

Comment

With your pee problem you could have asked for a water bed

πŸ˜‚

Comment

I always forget but what's that stuff we have to use instead of oxygen?

Comment

If you mean what to we breathe in if using NIV, that is just room air - is that the context of your question, or do they want to give you oxygen? xx

​

Comment

They want to give me oxygen

Comment

NO!! DO NOT LET THEM.

because your respiratory muscles are weak, how you process oxygen is inefficient and you will retain too much carbon dioxide., that is dangerous.

Sometimes, using a very low volume of O2 is just about OK provided it is used in conjunction with NIV, and your CO2 levels are constantly monitored.

If they saw your Sats were a bit low, maybe 93-94%, and suggest using oxygen to get you up to 99%, that is not how ALS respiratory failure is treated. NIV is the only 'treatment'. xx

​

Comment

Working...
                              X