Power folding wheelchair advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power folding wheelchair advice

After finally retiring and having the money, I would really like a folding chair.
    We will eventually be loaned a non folding type, which is fine, but I want one that could be carried in a car.
    I read about the chair you have Barry, the Pride i go, and it looks ideal, whats your view on it?

I would want it to use to go "walking" with family, so it may have to go "off path", but no serious off roading
    Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
    Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
    Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

I have an IGo, which I find very useful for trips out in the car for shopping and 'walking' as you say. Having the two batteries is good too, one can charge while you use the other, or swap them for the ride back. It is not so good however on sloped or rough ground, hit a slope and the wheels want to turn round. But for smooth gravel paths and dirt walkways, it's ok. Light enough to put in the car and out several times without breaking your back, or so it seems when my hubby puts it in the car.

Comment

But can it outrun a skunk?πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ€­πŸ˜xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

I can highly recommend David at www.distribe.co.uk/electric-folding-wheelchairs

He will come to see you and bring a chair or two and there is no hard sell whatsoever. He’s a really nice chap. I chose the A06 model and I find it is great and can be easily folded.

Richard
        Richard

Comment

Thanks, peeps
          Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
          Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
          Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Working...
          X