No announcement yet.

Barry Wilson (our Barry) R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So so sad. A great loss to this forum but a far far greater loss to his family and friends
    Richard

Comment

RIP Barry, such a great loss, I was just getting to know this pleasant helpful gentleman. He now suffers no more.
      Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
      Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
      Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Hi all, yeh very sad Barry and i started at the same time at the MND Nottingham 2nd Thursday meeting in 2013 he was always giving advice and there to help anyone he loved to holiday and lived life to the full under the circumstances R.I.P. Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
          Sue, Barry's wife, posted on his FB page the very sad news that Barry died following an accident in Scotland.

Love Ellie.
          Ellie do you know what the accident was?

Richard
          Richard

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
            Ellie do you know what the accident was?
            No Richard, we don't know any more details.

The one thing we do know is that although he had many more years to live, Barry died with his boots on, doing what he loved best, travelling, which is comforting.

And his signature says it all: "I'm going to do this, even if it kills me." xx

โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

We're all poorer. RIP Barry mate

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. I got to know Barry quite well. He was always positive in spite of his difficulties and I will miss him and his contribution to research and raising awareness of MND. RIP Barry.

Comment

Removed by Forum Admin - we have messaged Graham
                  Copyright Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    Rachel(MNDA Admin), please open the 'Call de Kops' thread so that the Police may investigate.
                    Graham where can I find this thread?

Richard

Richard

Comment

So sorry to hear this, I really appreciated his posts and positivity. R.I.P. And condolences to his family xx
                      Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Removed by Forum Admin as breaches Forum Guidelines - we have messaged Graham about this
                        Copyright Graham

Comment

Grief is a very personal thing, I feel qualified to say that. No one has the right to tell us how to grieve no matter what job they have. I'm with you Graham ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘xx
                          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜xx

Comment

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let people know...

Barry's funeral is at 1 30pm on Tuesday 3rd August.. it will be held at Sherwood Forest Crematorium, Ollerton. Family flowers only.
                            Go to barry-wilson.muchloved.com to add thoughts, pictures or make a contribution in his name to the MNDA

Love Debbie x

Comment

Deb thanks for letting us know

Comment

Thanks Debbie. xx
                                โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Working...
                                X