Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise and ALS webinar - Wednesday 28 July 9.00pm-10.30pm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellie
    replied
    SallyAnnB There website says:

"The clinic receives more than 1,200 patient visits per year, over 120 of which are new referrals. We care for patients from across the South Yorkshire region and from the whole of the UK."

So definitely worth contacting directly or asking your Neuroligist (there are contact details on the webite)

I had 4 MRIs for research and the kango hammer noises certainly take your mind off everything else 😊 You know you can provide your own listening too, if that's helpful? xx

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnnB
    replied
    I don’t know. I attend the large regional hospital for the county I live in and assumed that hospitals, like schools, had catchment areas. I did apply to be part of Sheffield’s research programme and was in sporadic communication with them until they said that multiple MRI scans were involved. After I informed them that I couldn’t manage that as I’m claustrophobic, I haven’t heard anything since. Thinking about it retrospectively, maybe multiple scans would have helped me cure my claustrophobia!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Glad you found it useful and are pursuing physiotherapy SallyAnnB Could you switch to Sheffield MND Care Centre? xx

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnnB
    replied
    Ellie The two talks were very interesting, thank you. I didn’t have time to listen to the entire Q and A session, but the information contained in the second talk was, as you surmised, very interesting to me. If only I lived 15 miles further north then I would come under Sheffield and hopefully encounter less resistance when I suggested anything that I think would be beneficial to me. I’ll try to pursue other avenues to get help with targeted exercise.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnnB
    replied
    Ellie Thanks Ellie. I’ll try to watch it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    This is the recording of the "Exercise and ALS" webinar from a few days ago. The first part is a discussion exploring if exercise increases the risk of developing ALS and the second part discusses the benefits of exercise post diagnosis.
    ( SallyAnnB you should find the second part particularly relevant to your recent posts) xx

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    I don't even know what day it is. 😳

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Yes Ellie I've watched and thought it useful. I had worried about excercise or not and this has answered that for me. I feel I need to do more while I can - so that might motivate me 👍

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    I think it's available already will take a look later....all that zoominess (good word) is hilarious of course there's no meeting without the words 'you're on mute' 🙄🤓

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    LindaB I found it worth watching, apart from the first 10min of cringey Zoominess (hello, hello, who's there, can you hear/see me mullarkey🥴😏)

They said the recording will be available next week. xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Ellie I completely forgot to join in duh 🙄 hopefully can watch the recording 👍

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Deb View Post
    ... there is an interesting article on exercise and MND in the latest edition of thumbprint.
    Oh, thanks for that Debbie, I'll keep an eye out for it. xx

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied

It's fine, you don't have to watch it, there won't be a quiz on it 😉 - I know it's of interest to some. 😘

Thanks for the link Ellie... A quiz could be arranged 🤣 I could put the words to music 🎶 😂

Seriously, there is an interesting article on exercise and MND in the latest edition of thumbprint. Xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Guy That's good to hear, Robin, thank you. xx

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    I have a lot of time for Johnathan Cooper-Knock - he's definitely one of the good guys and worth listening to

Leave a comment:

Working...
X