Sad milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad milestone

Today I sorted all my shoes and boots for disposal via the Salvation Army.

Doug

I miss wearing my heelsπŸ˜•

Comment

A Nobel cause from a good man. πŸ‘πŸ€—β˜˜οΈπŸ™
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

ive arrived here with 5 suitcases and my husband. i feel like a refuge.

i would like to point out that i have left behind a lot of stuff but i have found some wonderful people here. i have had contact with Tracey an mnd nurse at the local hospital and jo campbell local mnd support group and an email from the local st lukes hospice. i have never felt so supported and such friendship in such a short time.

i regret leaving my house and all my things but this means so much more. thank you everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivia H View Post
          I miss wearing my heelsπŸ˜•
          Me too but couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of them all....so I'm keeping my favourites....πŸ‘ πŸ‘‘πŸ‘’πŸ‘ πŸ‘‘πŸ‘’
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hi LindaB. As my mobility is almost gone I can wear some shoes in wheelchair .
            However I get days when feet swell up due to immobility and heat.
            Got a wedding to go to soon so on with huge heels at least for part of the day unless feet are swollen.In tat case it’s back to flat, wider shoes.

To Denise .....it’s fantastic you and your husband are linked to the hospice etc.Really pleased you have some support

To Doug,Hope it feels good to help others by donating your shoes.I too cleared clothes and took to charity/shops.I lost weight and it was good to give some clothes to friends and charity shops.
            Best wishes
            Mary x

Comment

My right foot drops so to try to minimise falling over I have a foot/ankle support best worn with trainers.
              I would try heels for an event...Mary I'm with you on that....even for part of the day...go girl rock those heelsπŸ‘ 
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
                Today I sorted all my shoes and boots for disposal via the Salvation Army.
                Sad milestone indeed Doug...

You must promise me that if you're going to wear slippers, wear these Versace silk slippers, a bargain at Β£590. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Versace silk slippers.jpg

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Will do Ellie.....because I'm worth it!

Doug xxx

Comment

Doug Carpenter Can't have you in Old Man Slippers, can we - maybe a nice pair of Vans.

I remember giving away boxes of stuff and what I now wear, I wouldn't have be seen dead in before - now what I wear has just one remit; practicality... xx

​

Comment

In Portugal my boots with the fancy tassels. My lovely sandals. The shoes I used to wear in another life. The clothes that are hanging in my wardrobe - 😩 oh well who needs clothes with wonderful weather. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                        ... my boots with the fancy tassels.
                        🀫🀫 Don't mention tassels to Doug πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

​

Comment

Ellie!!!

You are SO naughty!

Doug xx

Comment

Get a room you two πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜„xx
                            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

It's really nice to have lovely shoes. Some really not sensible but just had to have them.

I am terrible at getting rid of old comfy slippers, trainers and boots. They look bad but so comfy.

But having bare feet is really nice. I think my feet suffer from claustrophobia. 🀣

Comment

Working...
                              X