Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John D
    replied
    Via Google I’ve found cheaper similar XyliMelts but not identical to Amazon. Few pounds difference but will stick to Amazon. See what I did there.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Same as you at the moment πŸ‘πŸ˜

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    Lots of variants. Which one are you using, Matthew? MND friend gave me Mild Mint to try which are Β£15.99 for 40 on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    Thought so

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Amazon my friend πŸ˜•

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    My GP who is excellent said the same. Where are you buying it from Matthew.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Sadly not available for prescription. ☹️

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    My GP is checking with his pharmacist to see if xyilmelts are prescribable

Leave a comment:

• John D
    replied
    I have been using Biotene gel to avoid dry mouth at night. MND friend gave me XyliMelts to try. They were even better. He buys from Amazon. Seeing GP for usual 3 month review this afternoon and will ask if they can be prescribed.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    They don't come dislodged they stick and melt. I promise.

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Gosh Matthew, Can’t district nurses get you correct size catheter bags?Plus the larger night time catheter bags.Can you empty the bags yourself or are you dependent on a carer doing the task?
    Do the care agency realise that not all your carers know how to empty the catheter and change to a night bag?
    Good luck for a good nights sleep using the xylimelts.I was nervous about using them in case they fell off or I choke on them if they get dislodged.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I stuck them on the outside of my upper gums above my canines, placing them ten minutes before going to bed, they stuck and worked perfectly. I have 2l bags but they are single use and currently I have 15 hours between carers who can change bags. πŸ‘x

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi Matthew,
    I bought some of those but haven’t used them Think they have to be stuck to inside of mouth so I was a little worried I would choke on the it.

Do you have the night time catheter bags ?I remember from hospital days they seem to hold more urine so less disturbance maybe.
    Have a good day
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    started a topic No more dry mouth?

No more dry mouth?

Sounds too good to be true? Try XyliMelts I just had 8 hours sleep with just one interruption and that was for a full bag. I'm going to see if I can get it prescribed! πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx

Working...
X