Decision time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decision time

I have decided to go for Sheltered Housing if only for a craft room and secure parking for a mobility scooter. πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ‘πŸ˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Sounds good - have you been inside a property, is it future proof? xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

That’s a good Idea Mathew. There’s a brilliant one near to here, newly built just before we got this flat. It has lots of purpose built wheelchair friendly flats; a lift, a cafe and a hairdresser all in the building. Outside back there’s a community garden with raised beds so people in where can get involved gardening. They have a community room/lounge where they have weekly enterprises. I applied but we didn’t get it. Steve didn’t want to get it anywhere.

Good luck, Lynne x
      Last edited by Lynne K; 29 July 2021, 10:23.
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I'm waiting for an invitation to view then it's a taxi ride. I have 513 points and band b which is good apparently πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Sounds great Matthew. 🀞 πŸ™ Really hope the sheltered housing is suitable for you. Xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
            I'm waiting for an invitation to view then it's a taxi ride.
            Does the OT go with you, if not, you should bring someone with you and preferably video it for you!

Hope your invitation comes very soon. xx

​

Comment

Good plan, I will ask her. πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—xx

Comment

matthew55 brilliant news....are we all invited to the virtual house warming πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜„πŸ˜‰
                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

As soon as I hear you will hear πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx

Comment

Sounds like a great idea if it meets your future needs. The craft room and the secure parking are added bonuses! Tell me when to log on for the virtual housewarming πŸ˜€
                    Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Good Matthew,
                      Are you being added to a waiting list or had an offer of a tenancy already?Is it extra sheltered housing with on site carers?
                      Really hope you get a suitable place soon.
                      Best wishes
                      Mary

Comment

I'm on a waiting list but not for long. If I get one in Leigh I keep my carers and it's extra sheltered. Money off if I can't eat the meal provided. πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ‘πŸ˜˜xx

Comment

Excellent news Matthew

Richard
                          Richard

Comment

Hope it goes well. 😘

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                              ... Money off if I can't eat the meal provided.
                              πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘ Every cloud, eh !!

🀞🀞🀞 for Leigh (and keeping your inked ladies 😍😍) πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Working...
                              X