The Tissue Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tissue Test

Have someone hold a tissue about 15cm (6 inches) from your face, or hold it yourself if you can, and blow hard - can you make the tissue flutter?

If you can, then celebrate πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚ πŸ‘πŸ‘ I have no oomph, zilch, nada, zip to move the tissue.

I hate that ALS has literally taken my breath away 🀬🀬 😘
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Oh Ellie that's terrible. Stephen has a really strong blow. I cant get over how well he does after all those fags. I'm beginning to think I should have joined him.

Comment

Nope! Me neither.

Comment

Oh thats awful! You are both more than entitled to have the hissy fit I had about the hoist yesterday.

Love and hugs to Ellie and Miranda ( and anyone else struggling with the tissue test! )πŸ€—πŸ˜˜xxx

Comment

Originally posted by miranda View Post
          Nope! Me neither.
          Sorry to hear that Miranda - I often wonder how you're doing so, even though your oomph is as bad/good as mine, thanks for posting πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Sorry Ellie & Miranda that's crap...and I suppose inevitable for all of us...what a nasty breath grabbing disease this is. I can blow the tissue but find I can't blow my nose properly any more. 😏

Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

At least blowing out candles is a big No No from now on, so I'm not missing out on that front 😏😁 Who ever came up with the tradition of a person blowing germs all over a cake, then feed said cake to others!!!

Oh, I just had a thought - I can't clap out candles either 🀭😁😁

😘

​

Comment

Just about manage it but it’s hard work it won’t be long before it’s gone altogether 😬 so I feel for you Ellie 😒 and definitely can’t blow candles out 😱
                Janette x

Comment

Hi Ellie,
                  It’s great you take some time every day to support us members on here despite the physical issues you cope with .
                  It has no doubt been a hard journey for you over the many years since diagnosis.
                  The advise,Kindness and emotional support you give freely to so many is uplifting .Your humour shines through despite the trials you face .
                  A big Thankyou for sharing some of your difficulties and how you have tackled them as it certainly encourages me on days I feel overwhelmed.
                  ALS Has taken your breath away but not your spirit of kindness and willingness to share your knowledge of what’s helped you on your journey.
                  Best wishes
                  Mary

Comment

Well said Mary, totally agree πŸ€— Ellie is always there with answers to almost everything and if she doesn’t know then points you in the right direction xx
                    Janette x

Comment

Aww Mary and Janette, that's very sweet, thank you.

I didn't post for sympathy or praise, just saying how it is for some of us and, I guess that even with very poor breathing, life can be good. πŸ‘πŸ‘ 😘

​

Comment

Well said indeed Mary C πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘& Nettie
                        ​​​​​​Even a newish forum member like me can see how Ellie inspires so many here with good humour and kindness πŸ’‹πŸ’‹
                        ​​​​
                        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, Ellie and Miranda, and huge respect for how you are accepting with humour this new milestone for you. Love, Heather x
                          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Ditto from me. Thank you to Ellie doesn't seem enough for the encouragement, expertise and gentle humour she give us . ❀

I know you don't post for thanks, Ellie but tough., 🀣 it's appreciated so much !

This forum is a lifeline. Whenever I post I feel the friendship and support.

Ok enough off the mushy stuff Im going to find a killer quiz for next week.
                            Love Debbie x

Comment

Ellie I too would like to thank you for everything you do for everyone on the forum not just those that post but the many many people who read and feel supported through your kind words, advice and yes no nonsense replies. 😘

Comment

Working...
                              X