Possible eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible eye

I'm probably tempting fate but I am putting on weight, peeing for England, moving my bowels without drugs and generally feel better than I have for a long time. Eye of the hurricane or a last stand? πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ€—xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Enjoy it while you can. It's nice to have positive things no matter what they are 😘

Comment

Good to hear that Matthew.

I think your decision to get a catheter was a great one, and pivotal - getting enough fluids in is easy-peasy now, getting fluids out is even easier πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€©

Add in the carers and that you seem happier and more content in yourself with less day-to-day stress, that's a win-win situation for you.

I am SO happy that you're in a good place.

Much love πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

matthew55 that's great news that you're feeling generally better....on a Sunday too....long may it last and maybe the start of a better phase now you've got 'things' more sorted. Brilliant!!!πŸ™
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

It’s wonderful to have things to celebrate! Enjoy! X

Comment

Great news that your feeling great just go with it obviously if you have a miracle cure please share πŸ˜€
            Never thought I would say this but having a catheter is a real positive and has given me a lot more freedom no more impossible to access disabled toilets. Just need bottle to empty bag and go
            .Saying this I have discarded some of the NHS catheter equipment and found lots of online suppliers - I prefer a shorter leg bag rather than the NHS one which ended at my ankle a bulging bag of pee hanging down from my trousers was not the look for me.

Comment

Thank you Matthew for sharing this uplifting news. It's just great that you're feeling better than you have and I have everything crossed that it continues.

Love and hugs to you,
              Debbie x

Comment

This is lovely news Mathew and long may it last. It’s always good to hear something nice 😍

Comment

No NIV, XyliMelts and discharge overnight catheter bag means eight glorious hours sleep, perchance to dream. πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜„xx
                  Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

You are up early sleeping beauty! I was awake about 3am woken up by a helicopter going round and round.

Comment

I slept all night for a change but then ended up wetting the bed as couldn’t get up quick enough 😬
                      Janette x

Comment

oh nettie. thats so upsetting.

Comment

Least I had a good sleep πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                          Janette x

Comment

Originally posted by Nettie View Post
                            Least I had a good sleep πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                            Every cloud, eh Janette!!

Sorry it happened to you, though love that you can have a laugh about it and, at least it didn't happen on your new celebratory bed linen πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                              I was awake about 3am woken up by a helicopter going round and round.
                              It was the police looking for 2 escapees from Portugal πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Working...
                              X