Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heather R
    replied
    Mary, an oximeter doesn't measure CO2 levels unfortunately. I think this can only be measured by blood sample from ear or wrist or somewhere?? I don't know if they are supplied by nhs, but are fairly cheap online xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    97 when I woke up
    That's excellent, I see how you can sleep comfortably without NIV.

For comparison, with NIV on overnight, my oxygen level doesn't go above 95, and spends most of the night hovering between 92-94.

I'm happy for you πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    97 when I woke up πŸ˜„πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜€xx

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Readings can vary 1-2% between fingers and hands.

Choose one finger and stick to it.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    I've seen your photo πŸ’–, but I am quite sure there are forum members with various skin tones, who ought to be aware of the issue. xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Important to note: pulse oximeters were in the news over the weekend - they give higher (false) readings on darker skin tones, so should not be relied upon by some people. xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    I bought one at the outset of covid...useful to have IMO πŸ˜‡

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    matthew55 I think they're a good idea. I have one and use it every now and then.

Sats in the upper 90s is excellent πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ It'd be great to measure them on waking, be that at 3am or after a full night's sleep (with and without your Z pills) 😘😘

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Hi..Are these supplied via NHS.?Does it monitor carbon dioxide levels or just oxygen?I was told retention of carbon dioxide can cause headaches on waking.
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• aussiegirl
    replied
    I use one only to see if the low levels are causing my headache, or it is there from another reason. A cheap and useful device.

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    I use one but only if I don’t feel too good πŸ‘

Leave a comment:

• denise
    replied
    something on news yesterday that said if you have dark skin then those things arent working properly.

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    started a topic Home monitoring

Home monitoring

I have just got an oxygen monitor, the one that goes on your finger, and first few reads are upper 90's. I'm not sure if this is a good idea. What do you think? πŸ€”πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜˜xx
Working...
X